Asset Editor error on launch: Incorrect number of arguments!

jlcrow

Chieftain
When I open AssetEditor.exe from Windows Explorer (D:\...\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK\AssetModTools\AssetEditor) I get a splash screen which reads "Constructing components" and then an error appears stating "Incorrect number of arguments!" My only option is to click OK and the AssetEditor closes. I don't see any config or ini files of any type nor a log file.

Any suggestions where to look to find the fix for this problem or correct the number of arguments?
Is there a config I need to change in ModBuddy so that "Launce Asset Editor" is not grayed out?
Are these two issues related?
Sorry for so many questions. I'm quite the newbie and am unsure where to look.

View media item 6218
Thanks,
JLC

Last edited:
I had a similar problem (Asset Editor being grayed out in ModBuddy)

The solution (for me) is to do as follows

1. Open ModBuddy

2. On the left hand side, under "Civilization ModBuddy", there should be text labeled "New Mod..."

2.5. click it

3. Select "Empty Mod" from the list

3.5. hit enter through the screens, naming things if you wish (you can edit this later anyway)

4. Now press tools

AssetEditor should no longer be grayed out.

If this doesnt work, Im sorry man Ive got nothing

Edit: do let me know if it worked!

Had this problem found solution on redit:

"
You obviously have downloaded the Civ VI SDK Tools, but have you downloaded the Civ VI SDK Assets?

If you have, when you load up modbuddy, go to options[tools->options], under Civilization, be sure to set the assets path accordingly. It should be something along the lines of

Typing the location is needed because folder select doesnt work

D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK Assets"

Top Bottom