Asset Editor Won't Launch

MooneyPlays

Chieftain
Hey guys,

I'm new to mod creation and tried for days to launch the Asset Editor. Here's the error message I get in ModBuddy before the launcher's window simply shuts down :

error message 1 of 2.png

I scoured the internet in search of a solution. I DO have the assets downloaded from Steam. I changed my OS language to match the software. Downloaded EVERYTHING from VisualStudio and deleted the cache. Set up the paths to the correct folders as shown below :

path.png

Anyone has an idea of what I could do? Thanks a lot :)

I'm having the exact same problem right now and.... I'm in shock. I also didn't want Asset Editor to work even when I set English as the main language. But it did work when I set Regional Format in windows to English as well.

It's very strange. + I set it in the settings of the program itself when I converted Windows to English "TOOLS>Options>Environment>International Sittings>Language" and chouse "Same as Microsoft Windows".

Well, of course I not only deleted the game, its Assets and SDK, but also cleaned the AppData>Local and Roaming folder from the developer files and folders. As well as the folder with documents. I also uninstalled all Microsoft Visual C++ Redistrutable 2013, 2015, etc. and put Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistrutable x64 and x86 instead. I also uninstalled Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Shell(Isolated) and reinstalled it together with the SDK.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 29
Top Bottom