Assorted Pack 2 (24 Aug, 2008)

Great units.. i have especially use for this scandinavian dude.. one thing though, shouldn't scythians have darker hair

Great work! You may have saved me from making some of these Scythian units! :worship:

...Although, when I get round to making more Steppe units, I'll probably make some more Scythians just 'cause they're cool! :D

@AncientOne: From what I gather, Scythians were quite fair-haired. It was the later Steppe peoples (the Turks and their ilk, and the Mongols and theirs)

Oh my. . . This is such a great time to be a Civ III fan indeed!

Now I have to ask..Is there a Scythian leaderhead out there somewhere that I missed? Now Im tempted to mod them in..

I think my eyes nearly popped out when I saw this.

Sandris... those details! :eek:

Thank you so much for these!

Sanris would it be possible to make the bowstring a little less thick? Maybe it's just me but something like this looks less thick/more accurate. The action right now reminds me a little bit of a rubber band but again, it could be just me.

Once again though you've outdone yourself. Thanks! :)

I didn't know it was utah's prop :lol:, though it doesn't surprise me, but would it be possible to just reduce the thickness a little? I realize it was exaggerated so as to be seen at civscale..but perhaps it needn't be so much. Just IMHO and for future reference.

Oh my. . . This is such a great time to be a Civ III fan indeed!

Now I have to ask..Is there a Scythian leaderhead out there somewhere that I missed? Now Im tempted to mod them in..

Considering the name "Scythian" has also been used to refer to various peoples seen as similar to the Scythians, or who lived anywhere in a vast area covering present-day Ukraine, Russia and Central Asia — known until medieval times as Scythia you could add them into several different Civs without a specific leaderhead.

Considering the name "Scythian" has also been used to refer to various peoples seen as similar to the Scythians, or who lived anywhere in a vast area covering present-day Ukraine, Russia and Central Asia — known until medieval times as Scythia you could add them into several different Civs without a specific leaderhead.

Totally agree. Actually, I`ve made Scythian units for Steph`s Mod in order to be played as Russian Bronze or Iron Age units. :)

Looks great! Do they have sound effects specified in the INIs? I ask only because I've been incorporating a lot of units today and it's a pain to have to go through INIs and add sound effect paths...

Top Bottom