Assyrian Empire [BtS]

esnaz

King
Leader: Ashurbanipal
Unique Unit: Redu (replaces Spearman)
Unique Building: Karum (replaces Harbor)

Cities:
Assur
Calah
Arbil
Harran
Dur-Sharrukin
Qarqar...

(this mod is for BtS)

Download (non-Modular)

Download (modular)*

*made modular by Purplexus

Attachments

• Ashurbanipal.JPG
    Ashurbanipal.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 2,197
  • assyria.JPG
    assyria.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 1,314
  • karum.JPG
    karum.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 1,218
  • redu.JPG
    redu.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 1,407
I wonder... Harbors are only avalable in coastal cities, but Karum were just trading posts. To be accurate, they should be avalable in all cities, but if they can be built everywhere, it would be a very significant advantage.

Are they coastal only, or buildable everywhere?

Esnaz let me create a modular form of it for you. tonight.

Look over it and then you will see how easy it is to create a modular version in the future.

Esnaz let me create a modular form of it for you. tonight.

Look over it and then you will see how easy it is to create a modular version in the future.

Thank you! :D

I was just reading up on it last night, I think I get it

Assyria was one of my suggestions for Civs to be included in next installments of the game.

Also, I was a bit puzzled about Assyrian harbors, when they were an inland civ over the River Tigris....

Also, I was a bit puzzled about Assyrian harbors, when they were an inland civ over the River Tigris....

Karum's were Assyrian merchant-colonies. They were attached to Anatolian cities, so they were near the water. Some were also on land, but most were on the coast.

Perhaps you should make them able to be buit in coast and when placed near a river / lake a la djik? that would be a very nice way to boost that building and making it unique without being too much overpowered (perhaps in order to compensate that advantage, just give it a +5% bonus to gold). I really, really like the idea of "land ports".

Aren't Germans decendants of the Assyrians? Assyria should have been added in the expansion as well as the Etruscans, they were cool too.

I also like the idea of a Harbor that can be built inland (or at least on rivers), it would be a nice boost to the building while not being unbalanced and is quite original. A little cost slash would help round it out if the inland ability isn't sufficient.

the german arnt descended from the, but the middle-ages german ruling-class was.
wicked mod

Top Bottom