Assyrians!

Dido was a mythological person.

She's semi-mythological. While basically everything we know about her is probably untrue, the evidence seems to support that she is based on a real historical person. (Like Gilgamesh.)

Not all leaders in Civ V are kings. :)

Aesthetically speaking, I'm not really sure how Assyria will be able to differentiate themselves from Babylon or Persia to the average player.

...What could the siege tower replace? It could be the spearman (as per Attila's battering ram) or even the archer - making it an archer who wasn't so easy to take out with your melee units?...

I just posted the following in another thread, then saw that it may be relevant here as well...

If we're right about the speculation that the unit is indeed an Assyrian Siege Tower, then why can't it be an "early catapult" that they receive, much like the Mayans receive an "early archer"?

There's already a precedent of this happening with the Atlatlist being unlocked with Agriculture (first tech) and the Mayans not getting an Archer with Archery, so I think it's quite possible that the Assyrians unlock their Siege Tower at, for instance, Masonry, and then not get a catapult at Mathematics.
I reckon the the Siege Tower would then also be slightly more powerful than a catapult when attacking cities. Like maybe 150% strength vs. cities or something.

Not all leaders in Civ V are kings. :)

Aesthetically speaking, I'm not really sure how Assyria will be able to differentiate themselves from Babylon or Persia to the average player.

They will probably look similar flavor/personality wise due to the culture and terrain overlapping with those two but there's plenty of room to make them play differently. I still like my idea where they get a free GP the first time they take a capital.

Persia is quite different from Assyria and not all people did buy the Babylon dlc Yubnub.

They will probably look similar flavor/personality wise due to the culture and terrain overlapping with those two but there's plenty of room to make them play differently. I still like my idea where they get a free GP the first time they take a capital.

Hmm, sounds like a weaker version than the Maya's UA with a lot more work involved.:crazyeye: Maybe an instant % boost to all (or one specific) GP every time a city is captured and a larger boost when a capital is captured? Or a GP every time a capital is captured wouldn't be broken either. :)

Every time is too easily exploited by gifting the capital back to the original civ as part of the peace treaty and then conquering it again ten turns later. It's a little bit different from the Maya UA in the sense that there'd be no restrictions on which GP you could pick so you could get three scientists in a row if you really want to.

Poland is in Europe west of Belarus and the Ukraine, north of Slovakia and the Czech Republic, and east of Germany...

That was a joke.
This is the part where you are supposed to laugh.

Oh, and I thought it was a tank to mock the fictional charge of the winged Hussars at German panzers.

Haha, what I meant was that that siege engine is unmistakably Assyrian!

I just had an idea, they'll be able to move population from annexed cities! It would be perfect for this expansion, considering they're adding caravans now! The Assyrians are also fairly well known for it. I think that they'll be able to move citizens with caravans and merchant fleets, like production or food.

Yes, this is what I suggesting as well. :)

Every time is too easily exploited by gifting the capital back to the original civ as part of the peace treaty and then conquering it again ten turns later. It's a little bit different from the Maya UA in the sense that there'd be no restrictions on which GP you could pick so you could get three scientists in a row if you really want to.

Oh, I misunderstood. I read it as you would only get one GP from the UA in total in any given game. Your idea was a GP for each capital but only limited once. That's also what I meant, but I could have been clearer. :p

Top Bottom