1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Assyrians!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Steamwerks, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf King

She's semi-mythological. While basically everything we know about her is probably untrue, the evidence seems to support that she is based on a real historical person. (Like Gilgamesh.)

2. fuzzatron717

fuzzatron717 Holy Warrior

3. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Esarhaddon, Ashurbanipal, Tiglath-Pileser the III?

4. Sikandar

Sikandar Prince

Perhaps Esarhaddon for Assyria?

5. ddesart

ddesart Chieftain

Poland is in Europe west of Belarus and the Ukraine, north of Slovakia and the Czech Republic, and east of Germany...

6. Yubnub

Yubnub Chieftain

Not all leaders in Civ V are kings. :)

Aesthetically speaking, I'm not really sure how Assyria will be able to differentiate themselves from Babylon or Persia to the average player.

7. Heinage

Heinage Khan

I just posted the following in another thread, then saw that it may be relevant here as well...

If we're right about the speculation that the unit is indeed an Assyrian Siege Tower, then why can't it be an "early catapult" that they receive, much like the Mayans receive an "early archer"?

There's already a precedent of this happening with the Atlatlist being unlocked with Agriculture (first tech) and the Mayans not getting an Archer with Archery, so I think it's quite possible that the Assyrians unlock their Siege Tower at, for instance, Masonry, and then not get a catapult at Mathematics.
    I reckon the the Siege Tower would then also be slightly more powerful than a catapult when attacking cities. Like maybe 150% strength vs. cities or something.

8. Arachnofiend

Arachnofiend Perturbed Pugilist

They will probably look similar flavor/personality wise due to the culture and terrain overlapping with those two but there's plenty of room to make them play differently. I still like my idea where they get a free GP the first time they take a capital.

9. fuzzatron717

fuzzatron717 Holy Warrior

Persia is quite different from Assyria and not all people did buy the Babylon dlc Yubnub.

10. Yubnub

Yubnub Chieftain

Hmm, sounds like a weaker version than the Maya's UA with a lot more work involved.:crazyeye: Maybe an instant % boost to all (or one specific) GP every time a city is captured and a larger boost when a capital is captured? Or a GP every time a capital is captured wouldn't be broken either. :)

11. Arachnofiend

Arachnofiend Perturbed Pugilist

Every time is too easily exploited by gifting the capital back to the original civ as part of the peace treaty and then conquering it again ten turns later. It's a little bit different from the Maya UA in the sense that there'd be no restrictions on which GP you could pick so you could get three scientists in a row if you really want to.

12. tofofnts

tofofnts Warlord

That was a joke.
    This is the part where you are supposed to laugh.

13. Steamwerks

Steamwerks Warlord

Haha, what I meant was that that siege engine is unmistakably Assyrian!

Yes, this is what I suggesting as well. :)

14. Yubnub

Yubnub Chieftain

Oh, I misunderstood. I read it as you would only get one GP from the UA in total in any given game. Your idea was a GP for each capital but only limited once. That's also what I meant, but I could have been clearer. :p