[R&F] At least its a dry heat

Victoria

Regina
Supporter
Anyone iknow Why I get +1 era for this message... Maybe its for settling in a desert?
I got a separate +3 for the wonder

upload_2018-2-17_21-45-56.png

upload_2018-2-17_21-46-46.png

Yep. Settling in the Desert provides +1 era score per city. Same for settling on Tundra. It's one of the few ways to easily get era score without a dedication bonus (others include: killing Corps and Armies, extracting artifacts, and killing more experienced units with an unexperienced one)

Settling a city on a Desert/Snow/Tundra tile will award you +1 era score. It is a good way to build up some points.

I'm not American/British does the phrase mean something special?

p.s. @Victoria you seem to play mostly as the English, you seem to be a hardcore Tory ! :D

p.s. @Victoria you seem to play mostly as the English, you seem to be a hardcore Tory ! :D
What phrase?
One is English by birth, went to NZ on a leaky boat at the fine age of 3 and came back at 28. One considers oneself a Kiwi (hence the leaky boat) and agnostic to the severe soul selling of the politicians.

Aotearoa, rugged individual

"At least it's a dry heat" is a phrase that basically means a desert is low in humidity, so in theory it doesn't "feel" as hot as it would in high humidity environment, like the tropics.

I know it best from its use in Aliens.

"At least it's a dry heat" is a phrase that basically means a desert is low in humidity, so in theory it doesn't "feel" as hot as it would in high humidity environment, like the tropics.
I'd also like to add that you don't tend to sweat as much in less humid places, so it does feel less hot, even though the temperature can be way hotter from experience.

I actually live in the real world Stoke-upon-Trent and can assure you all that it very rarely gets any "dry" heat. :D

I live in the dry heat, and I can tell you, yes it does feel hot. Spend any length of time outside and you will sweat. Maybe not from the car to the building, but your back will be sweaty from the seat of your car. It takes a long time for your A/C to cool down your car unless you park in a garage.

It's actually more dangerous because you don't feel how much water you are losing. Yes you do sweat almost as much in the desert as in Mississippi (I've lived in both places), but you don't feel the sweat because it almost instantly evaporates. Many people run into trouble not drinking enough water out here because they don't feel themselves sweating when they actually are.

I have also been inside of a Reactor compartment that was over 130F in a full contamination suit. I can tell you that is super hot. Though I wouldn't call that low humidity, as there is some humidity in there, though not a lot since things in there are designed not to leak, but the ocean air is pumped in for ventilation.

Still, with the choice of Las Vegas and Mississippi I choose Las Vegas. But I wouldn't live here if A/C didn't exist.

Top Bottom