1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Atakebune Ship

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by Chuggi, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Chuggi

Chuggi Espada

I created this ship to replace the Trireme for Asian civs in my mod, Cultural Diversity.

Here's the download!

Spoiler Atakebune Galley (WIP) :
    This is an old request by Molybdeus. It's an Atakebune (I spelt it wrong in the screenshot :p).

Atakebunes are supposed to be a Japanese medieval ship, but I made this one more ancient looking so I could use it to replace the Galley unit for Asian civs.

It is based on aaglo's civ III unit, which is here.

There is a minor problem with it, which I hope someone can help me fix. In the civlopedia and the build screen, the sail and mast comes up with no texture (white). It's fine in game but if you're a perfectionist, and like it to look right in the civlopedia, it's very annoying. :p

This is what I mean by the bug:

If you want to help me fix it, or don't mind the bug being there - here is the download. :D I'll probably try re-exporting the sail part later with a fresh material and texture and it might fix it (hopefully). I have a feeling it's something to do with the team colour.

2. Berenthor

Berenthor King

This looks great Chuggi, something completely new and very usable as asian flavour unit :goodjob:. Keep up the good work!

3. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

Kuddos :hatsoff:

Can I interest you in this request. :mischief:

4. Chuggi

Chuggi Espada

Thanks! :thumbsup: It's the first ship I've ever modelled, so it came out good enough I think. :lol: Just need to fix that civlopedia bug.

5. Chuggi

Chuggi Espada

Interesting... I'll make it. :p But I'll have to find some better pictures because I can't work out where the sails/masts go on that sketch.

EDIT: I found some good pictures :p I'll get started on it now, I guess.

6. Duque d'Caxias

Duque d'Caxias Great General

No, no! File Front?! Noooooooo...

7. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

8. mamba

mamba Deity

Nice unit, how about releasing some art packs ahead of your long awaited 2.1 release ? ;)

9. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Well... maybe the artpacks could be released before 2525! ;)

10. bernie14

bernie14 Filter Manipulator

shun....SHUN!!!!

11. makrisgialos

makrisgialos GREEK REBEL

a good addition to the units roster.
    i agree with wolfy,we now need an asian trierme,cause this ship,by its shape,look clearly ancient transport.

12. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

I think the Koren kobukson in the database is a good replacement for the trireme, since it also fires arrows...

13. Healz

Healz General

I thought we were up to about version 2.8 in Wolfshanze Mod if that is what you are talking about... It was only just released the v2.8 with some more artwork and a lot of changes.

14. mamba

mamba Deity

I assume this goes back to my post about the 2.1 release. That does refer to Cultural Diversity, not Wolfshanze's mod.

It was supposed be be released at the beginning of some June. The foolish crowd mistakenly assumed he meant 2008. Apparently we were wrong.

15. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

That's what I'm using right now (the Kobukson for the Trireme)... however, the Kobukson would be a better replacement for the Medieval Galleass... so it'd be nice to see a more "asianish" trireme.

Nothing wrong with having more asian ships to choose from.

As it is now, I have asian galleys and triremes (kobukson), but nothing asian for the Galleass/Medieval timeframe... would be nice to bump-up the Kobukson to medieval times and have a proper asian trireme replacement.

16. Chuggi

Chuggi Espada

Sorry. :p However, slightly more reliable than being uploaded here and getting deleted by hackers (I'm not sure if the option is still there to upload, anyway).

I'm planning on making more ancient Asian ships. There's some unique looking ships in that video, thanks. :goodjob:

I was going to release the spies a while ago but I got distracted. :p Don't worry I'll update Cultural Diversity some time this year.

17. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

You don't use the caravel reskin to look like a asian junk in your mod?

18. Chuggi

Chuggi Espada

I like the texture on the asian caravel unit. :p Simple, yet very effective. :D Who made it?

19. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Asian Junks tend to end-up as Frigates and SotL. :dunno:

I have been using the sail-less dragon boat as the asian galley... now I have this option... maybe the dragon boat could get updated for the trireme (slap some sails on it or something).

20. Healz

Healz General

Would be cool to keep the Asian theme going in boats all the way through the eras...