ATI Video Cards

rockinroger

WoC Team Member
We have came to understand that the ATI video cards are having a problem reading the Vertical_Symbols.dds. We are working on a fix for this, but it seems that most of the code is in the BTS exe. and therefore has not been exposed to modders to change.

For those with a ATI card try this quick fix as the extra yields are for a upcoming mod and not needed in 1.20 . So for people with ATI cards navigate to BTS/Mods/Woc 1.20/Assets/Art/Interface/Symbols and delete that folder for a possible fix. For ATI cards only.

Another interesting but untested idea was pointed out by Elucidus, located here, http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=208058&highlight=vertical_symbols. As all of us have Nvdia cards this issue never cropped up, we are now aware of it and are racking our brains out for a fix for it.

I'd like to know who has a ATI card so we can work with you to fix/resolve this issue. For now try deleting the symbols folder i mentioned above.

OK, ready to be dazzled by my awesome computer stats:
ATI RADEON 9250 128 MB, running on a P4 2.8 Ghz 528 MB RAM.

I just installed 1.2, also game concepts 1,2,4 and nat wonder 1. Did not install patch or delete the folder for ATI cards. Took about 10 minutes to load (not bad). With my settler selected at the start of the game, I got these weird boxes on every tile. Once a city was built, the squares went away. Also, I didnt see the graphic issue others are seeing in the city status. I'm going to delete that folder and install the patch now.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 311
OK, ready to be dazzled by my awesome computer stats:
ATI RADEON 9250 128 MB, running on a P4 2.8 Ghz 528 MB RAM.

I just installed 1.2, also game concepts 1,2,4 and nat wonder 1. Did not install patch or delete the folder for ATI cards. Took about 10 minutes to load (not bad). With my settler selected at the start of the game, I got these weird boxes on every tile. Once a city was built, the squares went away. Also, I didnt see the graphic issue others are seeing in the city status. I'm going to delete that folder and install the patch now.

Didnt install patch but deleted folder and everything went back to normal, no more white boxes. Granted, it is still turn 1....

Top Bottom