Attack, Defense, bombard, rate...??

Le Petit Prince

Communist Comrade
I dont understand how all those numbers means... like a bomber for example...they have bombard stats...(what is that?) the % of hitting the target or damage it can give? attack-defense on bombers? that also I dont understand. how do I know in modded scenario which plane is the best to intercept or bombard?

I just want to know what means all those numbers...I see charts giving those numbers but none explaining what they mean..

B/R/F: Bombard/Range/Firing Rate

Bombard: The "Attack" value of the artillery or bomber
Range: The number of tiles away this unit can bombard
Firing Rate: The number of hit points the defender could lose

Does this answer your question?

no...I mean I know lets says 10 is the attack of a unit but what does it means!? an attack of 10 ?

you explained rate of fore correctly but..

I just want to know how to calculate if I have chance to beat an opponent...on a hill and etc..

I still cannot calculate the % of a bombard unit hitting the target

and even more the thing that interest me are planes...who do I calculate the probability of intercepting a bomber or bomber intercepting a fighter?

Chance to hit with bombard:
Lets say you are bombing with a regular bomber (8 in bombard)
And you are bombing an Infantry (10 in defence).
Then you have this chance: 8/10+8~44% (without terrain included)

To intercept, IIRC its 50% to intercept ordinary aircraft and 5% to intercept stealthy aircraft.

Does that answer your question?

Edit- oops missed one bit in the formula.

Chance of bombard unit hitting = B / (B + D)

where:
B - attacker bombard strength
D - defender defense strength with all modifiers (from terrain, city, fortified stance, fortress, radar towers, civil defense)

Rate of fire (ROF) means there are one or more independent attacks (one when ROF is 1, two when ROF = 2 and so on), so for example artillery (ROF = 2) may hit once, twice or don't damage enemy at all (when two bombard attacks fail). Unless bombard unit has lethal bombard, it can not destroy completely the target. One last hit point will always remain.

Fighter has 50% chance of intercepting bomber and 5% chance of intercepting stealth aircraft. Fighter has to be on "control the skies" mission. Bombers don't intercept anything.

Edit: a bit late :)

Top Bottom