1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Attacking & Bombarding With Multiple Units

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Aleenik, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Aleenik

Aleenik Deity

Ok, so I know you can kinda attack with multiple units in Civ III if they are on the tile beside you, (Not sure if you have to be attacking a city or not) but you can't choose to fight with your strongest units first so that makes it completely useless. As far as bombarding goes, there doesn't seem to be any way to bombard with a stack of units. I've been playing this awesome scenario and by far the thing that takes up most of my time is attacking with one unit at a time and bombarding with one unit at a time. Like, I have 50 or so units that have to bombard every turn and 20 or so units that have to attack every turn. These numbers will only be going up over time.

Are there any mods that fix this issue? I have looked, but have been unable to find anything. Due to this issue, a handful of turns turns into hours of time played. I've played both Civ IV and V, so I know this isn't really an issue in those games.

2. Moosezilla

Moosezilla Grognard Warlord

Can't help with bombard units (wait til you get to bombers), a stack can use stack movement/fortify as a method of using your more powerful units to attack first. I often use this to have elite units in first. Being next to your target tile, fortify units (def. & art.) you don't want to have attack. Use stack unit movement buttons.;)

3. nyarmondt

nyarmondt Chieftain

Indeed, bombarding has to be done 1 unit at the time.Some like that, some don't...but you can't change it anyhow, so no need to shed tears for that.

But one can attack with whatever unit you want, be it your weakest warrior or your modern tank. If they're all in 1 stack, just rightclick & you'll get a list of your units in that stack. Click "activate XUnit(healthstats)" and you're good to go. Otherwise, you can also give the Wait command until you have cycled through your stack and your wanted attacker comes up. Which you can then let be beaten up by a fortified spearman...:crazyeye:

4. antimuff

antimuff Chieftain

There is automated bombardment per unit (Ctrl-B), and that will automatically bomb that tile during the auto moves phase of the turn. Works for bombers too. Useful for whittling a city down to 1 pop so you can walk in with very little resistance.

5. Rodrig0

Rodrig0 Monarch

Just remember to uncheck "Halt for enemy/friendly units". I hated when I set 30+ units on autobomb just so that a random enemy unit would stray near my stack of artilleries and then the next turn I'd have to set them on auto again :mad: