Attacking Persia and the Zulus & the War of Attrition

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
I think we're almost forgetting that the Zulus are still around...

Do we want to attack one first, or both at the same time? We could treat them as 1 huge civ, since the Zulus seem to have been slowly weakened.

For our War of Attrition, we will use the Persian rails against them. But first, we need to block the gap (temporarily), between New Umata, and our cities so that they don't settle there. Since the AI rarely, or never attacks armies, we can have 3 tank armies in these tiles - New Hlobane, and 1E and 1W of Hlobane. Have a border (which I'll draw) filled with tanks, and mech inf. We will also open the chokepoint, and leave some backwater cities undefended on the bottom of the continent (our railnet enables us to have a 1-turn defense).

The result?

1 - Free artillery bombardment (or, Zone of Control)
2 - Persia will throw their entire army at us, making them ripe for the picking.
3 - Makes for an impressive screenshot.

We should probably take out the Zulus (at least for the most part) first, then attack Persia. During the Persian attack, we could land a few Mech Infs on a mountain in the middle of Persia to attract Persian attackers (and help to eliminate their troops).

The reason I want to attack both at once is because, if we attack the Zulus (taking Zimbabwe because of the wonder), Persia will focus their attacks there. I want to create a gauntlet, so that Persia heads for our chokepoint. The yellow boxes indicate where troops will go (mech inf, tanks, etc.). The bottom 3 are for the tank armies. Leaving the chokepoint open will lure Persia in. The extra unit south of the Zulu city is to block Persia's access to using that road.

Attachments

• DG4_AD1630_gaunlet.jpg
    DG4_AD1630_gaunlet.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 225
(in case you're wondering, I'm home sick :vomit:)

I just did a quick check, and if we attack Persia (and the Zulus), and raze every city, the war will take around 12 turns (give or take, depending on the number of troops we have). If we keep only cities borering Persia to advance quicker, then it may take as little as 5 turns. However, keeping in mind that they have size 12+ cities, it may take a little longer.

The timeline would be like this:

Turns 1-4 - Continue building up troops, infrastructure, and let our troops heal.
Turns 5-8 - With research at 0%, wait to upgrade troops.
Turns 8-9 - Start upgrading.
Turns 9-(13) - Establish the gauntlet, and declare war on Persia (and the Zulus). Let Persia come in, and bombard themselves passing our Modern Armor.

Remember, Persia has size 13+ cities, so we'll NEED the Modern Armor. We could also attack from the south (Samaria and Zohak) to help speed things up. We essentially missed a turnchat when TF scheduled the forum upgrade at the last minute. So, I'd like a turnchat on Friday (yes, 2 days after Wednesday). We'll be at war with Persia and the Zulus, so there's not much to discuss anyway. (no trades, research is already being discussed, no FA besides declare war, no domestic except for raze uneeded cities, and only military and governors). May 31st (Memorial Day) may very well be our Victory Chat. We could have it just before noon, or 8:00pm EDT.

Chieftess said:
May 31st (Memorial Day) may very well be our Victory Chat. We could have it just before noon, or 8:00pm EDT.

I think people are going on vacation for that weekend...well I am..:D Mabe I could bring my laptop.... :rolleyes:

We could have an evening victory chat just so everyone can attend. But, yes, I do want to attack the last 2 civs at once, and treat them like 1 civ. The Zulus should be pretty weak (we will need rails though, but not much).

Top Bottom