1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Attila the Hun : 3D animated, era specific leaderhead

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Rob (R8XFT), Jun 14, 2004.

1. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Attila the Hun has turned out to be one of my personal favourites out of the leaderheads I've done.

Update 18.08.04:
    I've placed the files for an alternative Medieval Attila in the links below.

It's the version that appears in the themed set of 5th Century leaderheads, but it does include an era-specific AT_all in the alternative pcxs, and that hasn't been posted anywhere else.

2. Rob (R8XFT)

3. Rob (R8XFT)

City list used in the "Fall of Rome" conquest for the Huns:
    Great Bulgar
    Pliska
    Kutmichevitsa
    Veliki Preslav
    Madara
    Sofia
    Plovdiv
    Varna
    Ruse
    Stara Zagora
    Pleven
    Sliven
    Dobrich
    Bourgas
    Rousse
    Shumen
    Montana
    Vraca
    Vidin
    Haskovo
    Kazanlak
    Gabrovo
    Veliko Tarnovo
    Chalons
    Rheims
    Mainz
    Strasbourg
    Metz
    Cologne
    Trier
    Worms

Apparently Tongwan was an ancient Hun capital - should that go to the top of the list? If anyone has any better lists, please post city names in this thread.

Military GLs: Bleda, Ruglia, Charato
    Scientific GLs : Dengizik, Ellac, Rua

Traits : Militaristic, Industrious

4. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Very nice work. :goodjob:

I don't think he looks evil enough to be Attile though. :hmm:

5. Madeira

Madeira Chieftain

Pretty cool!!

6. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Just was wondering, do his teeth look as good in the Ancient and Middle ages a they do in Industrial? I doubt he would have had such clean teeth. :p

7. Lusikka755

Lusikka755 Tired

Attila wasn't really that evil. He only has bad reputation. In fact he was a really sophisticated gentleman when he was not on the battlefield.

And the most important comment: Nice Leaderhead! :goodjob:

8. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Really? Maybe I should go get some history lesons. :blush:

9. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

He aslo choked to death oon a nose bleed :D It was at his marrige to his Tenth Wife. Got Bonked in the snchoz.

Excellent, as per the usua.

10. Antiochus VII

Antiochus VII Basileus

I can see why he'd be a favorite! Yet another new leader I 'll have to make room for.:beer:

11. Bagatur

Bagatur Chieftain

Hello, CivFans. My first post here, nice to read u from long time ago, learned a lot, having a fun around. Awesome forum. So, for the topic:

Pliska
    Kutmichevitsa
    Veliki Preslav
    Madara
    Sofia
    Plovdiv
    Varna
    Ruse
    Stara Zagora
    Pleven
    Sliven
    Dobrich
    Bourgas
    Rousse
    Shumen
    Montana
    Vraca
    Vidin
    Haskovo
    Kazanlak
    Gabrovo
    Veliko Tarnovo

All these names of cities, currently bulgarian, even my hometown,lol. Some of them didnt existed while Atila was alive.I even doubt feet of his armies ever stepped on these lands.

Weird is why does Firaxis(maybe i have mistaken, never played Fall of Rome scenario), used bulgarian names,while Bulgaria was established in 681 A.D. these cities had different names - e.g, Sofia was Serdik(c)a(improperly written as Byzantines city - "Sardica").In early midages, until Ottoman invasion in Europe in XIV century, Bulgaria was formidable power and culture source on Balkan peninsula, and maybe in Europe. Shame its not included as separate civ. Well, those are my thoughts, but sure these names wouldnt be in list of Hun cities, 100 %.

As for bulgarians, they should be militaristic(historic fact - no battle banner ever fought in enemy hands, bulgarian army never lost a battle in 20th century, but never won a war also:)) and agricultural(as they are now)

12. W.i.n.t.e.r

W.i.n.t.e.r Frozen!

I always thought the Hungarian Magyars descended of the Huns ?

edit: the later Huns split in two mayor a several smaller tribes: Awars and Chasars. The Magyars, while related to the Huns, conquered the European areas until after the Huns had fallen into decadence. The Chasars ruled between the Caspian and Black Sea as well as towards the Wolga, and the Karpathian where they would later mix with the Magyars. The Awar Kingdom instead fell, only prolonging its stability by allowing Slawic tribes to settle along and within their borders, and would be conquered eventualy be conquered by the Turco-Tartaric Bulgarians under Kahn Asparuch. I conclude that Bulgarians are not Huns.

13. Gogf

Gogf Indescribable

I presume this means that David is next, right?

Great work!

14. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Civ3 Modding Archivist

AWESOME interpretation for the modern age! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

-Oz

15. Bagatur

Bagatur Chieftain

Definatelly bulgarians arent huns. When Khan Asparuh came here from Volzska Bulgaria(Bulgaria on river Volga), his tribe was only about 100-150K,ppl. They mixed with Slavic tribes here,which mixed with tracian tribes before. So, for now, we are about mostly Slavic, speaking slavic(kinda more developed than other slovic languages, with few words from ancient-bulgarian and few words from turkish(bcs 5 centuries ottoman yoke)) language and nothing to deal with huns. Sorry ,forgot to congratulate you for good job on Atila's head. Awesome. Just wanted to make a point for those cities. No relations between city names I stated above and huns

16. W.i.n.t.e.r

W.i.n.t.e.r Frozen!

Looks like a designer: Attila (pour homme)

17. wallacemonger

wallacemonger Chieftain

First off, I love your work, R8XFT. Secondly, I'm a proud Mac user even though it has its obvious downsides such as, say, not being able to decompress .ace files. I'm not sking anything if it's too much trouble, but, is it possible for me to get one of these in a .zip or a .rar? I also loved Moshoeshoe, but he, too, was in .ace form... If anyone here can offer advice or assistance, it's greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

18. Unexisted

Unexisted Nomadic

Excellent! :goodjob:
    I'll put him to use immediately. Any specific UU available?

utahjazz7's Slavic Horseman? (replaces horseman/knight?)
    3 attack, 1 defence, 2 moves
    same cost as horseman?

I dont know, my history of the hun is the fall of rome. :)

19. TopGun

TopGun 258 kills

Man I love this leaderhead! Must be my favorite out of your collection, R8XFT!

As far as the cities go... hard to say, since the Huns were Nomads and not really sedentary. I would opt for a city list based partly upon known Hun settlements plus cities in Central Asia and Siberia/Kasakhstan... Any thoughts?

20. TopGun

TopGun 258 kills

Unexisted: UU? Try the Tarkan from AOK.. ALuminum made an excellent conversion!