Attorney Dressed As Osama Arrested In Maine

MarineCorps

Explosion!
Attorney Tom Connolly was arrested by police in South Portland, Maine Tuesday morning, after motorists reported a man with a gun near Interstate 295. It turns out the gun was part of a Halloween costume, but it looked real enough to passersby and police.

Connolly was dressed in an Osama Bin Laden costume and holding a fake gun and a sign that said "I love TABOR".

Officers raced to the scene and drew their weapons on Connolly. They say Connolly didn't immediately respond to their commands. He was taken into custody a few minutes later.

"The officers ordered him to drop the weapon and lay on the ground. He still walked toward the officers, dropping what appeared to be hand granades onto the roadway. He finally complied with the request of the officers and laid the weapon down and laid down on the ground himself and he was subsequently arrested," said George Berry from South Portland Police.

Connolly, who's been charged with criminal threatening, is a well known attorney. He ran an unsucessful campaign for governor in 1998. In 2000, Connolly tipped the media off to a 1970s DUI arrest by presidential candidiate George W. Bush.

In a news conference held by South Portland Police, Chief Ed Googins said Connolly's actions redefine the word "stupid." He also displayed the fake gun and the costume Connolly was wearing.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=44287

Guys lucky he didn't get shot,

In 2000, Connolly tipped the media off to a 1970s DUI arrest by presidential candidiate George W. Bush.

hmmm...

Tenochtitlan said:
hmmm...
What? you got 2 cents you want to add?

woody60707 said:
What? you got 2 cents you want to add?
Yeah. The Bush admin. obviously don't like him. They want to seek revenge now that they have the opportunity.

I think he got arrested for not listening to police commands when he appeared to have weapons

Narz said:
Who's Tabor?
What I was wondering.
EDIT: beaten.

And I'm also wondering this:
How the hell did residents, let alone trained police officers, think that piece of tacky, Chinese manufactured plastic garbage was a firearm?

Anyway, aren't you allowed to walk around with a gun in the US, if you have a licence? I thought it was only illegal to wear weapons that were concealed in a state that forbids conceled weapons?

nonconformist said:
Anyway, aren't you allowed to walk around with a gun in the US?
Especially if you are a lawyer - should be able to preemptively defend yourself against Cheney.

Masquerouge said:
Can you actually dress up as Osama for Halloween?
There's no law against it, but it's incredibly tasteless and stupid.

De Lorimier said:
Isn't that the spirit of Halloween

How is this for wild scenario. Intent on settling an old score Bush sends some of his gang to drug him, dress him up as Osama then have him arrested..

BTW the sign is short for .. I love To Anally Bugger Old Republicans... (joke) ;)

The great thing about attorneys are that most of them are socially maladjusted freaks with egos the size of Texas combined with an equivalent self esteem problem. Leads to alot of hilarious situations, especially when alcohol is involved.

Tenochtitlan said:
Yeah. The Bush admin. obviously don't like him. They want to seek revenge now that they have the opportunity.
What? Poeple have gotten shot over having fake (but real looking) guns. Some how i think Bush has got better things to do then to wait for this guy one to do something REALLY dumb just so he can be locked up over night.

Unless you think it was a set up?

De Lorimier said:
I don't see what's so tasteless about it.

woody said:
What? Poeple have gotten shot over having fake (but real looking) guns.
I don't mean to question your (professional) judgement, but the gun doesn't look anything at al like a real one.

nonconformist said:
I don't mean to question your (professional) judgement, but the gun doesn't look anything at al like a real one.

You're right.

A citizen or police officer would be hard pressed to justify shooting someone for carrying that piece of plastic around. (but it does happen)

Top Bottom