attributes

Houarno

Chieftain
How do I edit the attributes of civs? For example, if I want to have an industrious and commerical civ that has for its special unit the samuria, how do I go about doing that (I messed around a bit with the editor, but never figured out how to do this). Thanks in advance,

Houarno

On the "Civilization" tab of the Rules in the editor you can define which of the 6 traits a given nation has. On the "Units" tab of the Rules in the editor, you can define who is and is not allowed to build each unit. For more specific editor questions, the main Creation & Customization Forum is the best place to ask.

Note that it is highly recommended for you to create a new .bic/.bix file which you would use by choosing "Load Scenario" instead of editing the default game rules (civ3mod.bic for vanilla, civ3x.bix for PTW). However, if you choose to edit the defaults, be sure to save an unmodified backup copy somewhere first.

If you want to make it the new default rules rather than a scenario, make a copy of Civ3mod.bic (I call mine Civ3modOLD.bic).

Load civ3mod.bic.

For attributes:

Chose Rules -> edit -> Civilizations. Use the top left scroll box to pick the civ you want to change. From that point, I think it's pretty much obvious.

For the unit, click on the unit tab at top of your screen.

Select the unit from the drop box top center. Lower left is another box with a list of civs that can access that unit, called "available to". Hold control [ctrl] and left click on the civ name you want to add to that list.

Just make sure you pick the one called "unit" and not "upgrade to".

Other folks will tell you it's better to make a scenario. They're probably right, but I've just never done it that way.

Be sure to make a copy of the original Civ3mod.bic before you play with it though. I've found that one wrong click can cause lots more work than I want to devote to a quick change. ;)

Top Bottom