1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio Problems since Spoils of War Patch

Discussion in 'CivBE - Bug Reports' started by MJBeyond, Nov 7, 2015.

1. MJBeyond

MJBeyond Chieftain

I'm Wondering if anyone has encountered this problem which currently blights my game.

Prior to the latest patch (that added Spoils of War and Black Markets) my copy of BERT worked perfectly fine. As soon as it was installed, everytime I play the game the audio will cut out within a few seconds or minutes. After which the music stops playing and then all the other sound effects will (seemingly randomly) cut in and out or become choppy.

To try and fix this problem I've so far: reinstalled the game, cleared up loads of space on my hard-drive, updated the driver software for my graphics card and tried playing the game in low graphics. Nothing has made any difference and the game is still largely unplayable if you want the sound on.

My PC meets all the minimum system requirements and runs on Windows 7.
    If anyone can help I would appreciate it! Getting desperate!

2. Olodune

Olodune Chieftain GOTM Staff

I have BERT installed on two machines - one of which has this problem since the last patch. Immersion breaking for sure.

3. MJBeyond

MJBeyond Chieftain

Interesting, you're the first person I've met who has the same problem as me. Is there any difference in specs for the two machines? what specs does the machine with the problem have?

4. mrmike1949

mrmike1949 Chieftain

I have the exact same issue on BE vanilla, latest version on Steam
    on TWO computers, a W10 laptop with Conexant audio chip,
    and a Win 8.1 desktop with Real Audio, both Intel

Random tracks of the audio cut out at different times, up to and including TOTAL SILENCE