1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Audiodefine problems, and game hangs on PythonInit

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Bangra 7, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Bangra 7

Bangra 7 The Port Of Call

I am having a series of problems modding Civ4 Reimagined. I wanted to add in a couple original nations to the game. I got their artwork in, plus the nations work effectively. HOWEVER, I got brave. I wanted to add game music.

First, I added the audio defines into that respective xml file. I then added those defines to the 2dscript file.

Finally, for the soundtracks from Civilization 6, which I use as era music; I added those from the 2dscript file into the erainfos file. Additionally, I placed the diplomatic music into the respective eras. I am still however, having problems.

First, the game crashed on initaudio, with the xml changes. Then, when I removed the background music I added but kept the diplomatic music, the audio system loaded and then I realized the game was hanging on Pythoninit. And now its not just the mod, but the actual game, whose files were not changed, hanging on pythoninit. I am highly annoyed with this problem, and could use some help.

I also cleared the caches for civilization 4, and reinstalled the game twice. To no avail.

Playing on Windows10, Dell xps PC.

Attached Files:

2. Bangra 7

Bangra 7 The Port Of Call

The xml I added were had changes before I deleted the audio for the different eras. The logs were made after attempting the game without a mod. The game had been working before I made all these audio changes to civilization reimagined.