August 15 Japan Gameplay Video

Very nice video, I mean for analysing the screen info, not the gameplay.

Gotta finish watch it, made me even more excited about the game.

But it was painful watching that settler wandering aimlessly in the darkness... I was almost screaming at the screen "SETTLE! SETTLE!" Among other noobities.

They should have invited somebody from CFC to do this gameplay :rolleyes:

Very nice video, I mean for analysing the screen info, not the gameplay.

Gotta finish watch it, made me even more excited about the game.

But it was painful watching that settler wandering aimlessly in the darkness... I was almost screaming at the screen "SETTLE! SETTLE!" Among other noobities.

They should have invited somebody from CFC to do this gameplay :rolleyes:

We have no PR value.

I had a thought about Neighborhoods. Considering they appear to be districts not tile improvements, they would allow for more adjacency bonuses late game in touching districts as start swapping them in.

From what I can tell (nearly?) all district related bonuses are phrased "specialty district" which seemed odd in the first few videos but now that we know about neighborhoods it makes perfect sense. Neighborhoods are not specialty (since you can build more than one in a city) districts so their presence doesn't count. I'm thinking they also don't cause the district cost to increase.

The backseat driver acted like he had read all about Civ VI yet he still wasted a turn moving to the coast and away from the Jade. It did get him a bonus for Sailing research but that was pretty useless to them.

They wasted a good coastal + natural wonder start :cry: Especially in not choosing "God of the Sea" :crazyeye:

On that note how the heck did they jump to +2 faith immediately after upgrading their archer on turn 37 (@9min on #3) :confused:

Putting out at least one galley on that map should have happened. Given that scouts can only move 1-tile/turn through dense rough terrain the range afforded by a three-move galley seems at least, on paper, awesome for exploration. I'm hoping (though it doesn't look super good at the moment) that the risk of stranding them behind open borders has been significantly reduced.

On that note how the heck did they jump to +2 faith immediately after upgrading their archer on turn 37 (@9min on #3) :confused:
No sure if they did it in the first two videos, but the 3rd and 4th both had micro cuts. Part 4 had a ton of them, especially when they were trying to pick policy cards to slot.

That +2 faith per turn is also curious to me, I can't quite figure out where it is coming from. I know the UI tended to be laggy but it appears to be +2 Faith per turn from Kyoto. No idea what is generating it, unless the 4th citizen switched to a tile that had a faith yield after getting pushed off the jade mine (no idea what tile that could be).

The envoy to the religious city state.

That +2 faith per turn is also curious to me, I can't quite figure out where it is coming from. I know the UI tended to be laggy but it appears to be +2 Faith per turn from Kyoto. No idea what is generating it, unless the 4th citizen switched to a tile that had a faith yield after getting pushed off the jade mine (no idea what tile that could be).

Its from Jerusalem which grants +2 faith in the capital for its 1st envoy bonus. It is revealed they have an envoy there in the fourth video. The faith is first seen at around 9:05 in the third video when they upgrade a slinger into an archer. This leads me to believe that Jerusalem had a quest revolving around # of archers or overall military strength. They completed this quest granting them an envoy and the bonus.

Huh, I didn't notice they actually sent the envoy out. That's what I get for watching the video in the background. That makes sense.

Like CIVtube mentions, they might have completed a quest about building an archer, hence getting the envoy automatically (obviously, they were not themselves aware that they got it), but I think also you should get an envoy with the first city-state you meet (or maybe it's if you're the first to meet it?) - because that should have kicked in earlier.

They wasted a good coastal + natural wonder start :cry: Especially in not choosing "God of the Sea" :crazyeye:

Putting out at least one galley on that map should have happened.
Given how much people bad-talk the guy(s) in this video, it's amazing how many smart back-seat drivers there are on this forum.

They did put out a galley btw.

Like CIVtube mentions, they might have completed a quest about building an archer, hence getting the envoy automatically (obviously, they were not themselves aware that they got it), but I think also you should get an envoy with the first city-state you meet (or maybe it's if you're the first to meet it?) - because that should have kicked in earlier.

If so, I guess it showed up in a notification they didn't check? You'd think there would be a message relating to it, but I didn't see one.

If so, I guess it showed up in a notification they didn't check? You'd think there would be a message relating to it, but I didn't see one.

Didn't see anything but I might have missed something. Perhaps quest notifications have yet to be implemented.

Yes, I think city-state notifications are listed on the right at start of turn like in Civ5. They might not have checked it, or the UI may be buggy. There are some issues going on in that part, the unit-for-upgrade notification notably seems messed up also in this build.

They just released a new gameplay video playing as the French:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYdEKM33XXw

I'm actually enjoying this video. The player that has changed is somebody I'd want to be friends with, and the guy that stayed the same seems to be more gracious. He also knows more about the game AND knows that he shouldn't assume its the same as 5.

Much better.

Huh, I didn't notice they actually sent the envoy out. That's what I get for watching the video in the background. That makes sense.

They didn't, you get one if you're the first to discover the city-state.

They didn't, you get one if you're the first to discover the city-state.

They discovered Jerusalem a long time before they started getting the +2 faith per turn. I assumed America found it first, as America had already sent a road to Jerusalem when they found it.

They started getting +2 faith per turn the moment they upgraded a slinger to an archer (mid-turn even). Seems like Jerusalem might've had a quest related to that.

They discovered Jerusalem a long time before they started getting the +2 faith per turn. I assumed America found it first, as America had already sent a road to Jerusalem when they found it.

They started getting +2 faith per turn the moment they upgraded a slinger to an archer (mid-turn even). Seems like Jerusalem might've had a quest related to that.

I thought you weren't supposed to get quests from a city-state until you already had an envoy there. (making stuff more active and things like that)

I thought you weren't supposed to get quests from a city-state until you already had an envoy there. (making stuff more active and things like that)

If so, I'm not certain how to account for it. I mean, they find Jerusalem part way into video 2 in but don't start getting the faith until well into video 3.

Unless they got 1 envoy for free right away somehow (even though they weren't the first to discover it, it definitely has that road from America when they first discover it) and got the 2nd from a quest, and needed 2 envoys to start getting bonuses.

Edit: They bring up the CS interface at 16:20 and have 0 envoys in Jerusalem. The other CS they discovered was Zanzibar which gives gold, if I'm not mistaken?

Top Bottom