1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

August update causing crashes

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by Balton, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Balton

Balton Chieftain

I am running a 2019 15" MBP i9 with 32GB RAM, 6GB HBM GfX (the latest 15" prior to 16" announcement). But have not yet upgraded the Os to Catalina. I had not even installed the July update and on Saturday it auto downloaded and updated itself in the background. I then started a brand new game but it keeps crashing ie exiting out of Civ 6. I do have a number of mods but not many. Is it just me or anyone else in the same boat, so to speak??

2. LFRANK

LFRANK Semper Fidelis! Supporter

Not just you. Same thing happens on both my MBP and iMac, as well graphic glitches bad enough they force rebooting the computer. Had to move to using my Bootcamp Win10 install to play longer than about 30+ turns.

Hopefully we'll see an update soon that fixes the issues.