Auric Ascended bugged?

GlobularFoody

Warlord
I just played my first real game with Illians and my AA unit keeps dying to really weak units. The first time he died to a level 1 manticore which didn't take any damage from the fight. I thought "Wow, what are the odds of that..." and kept playing. A few turns later that same manticore took out one of my fully upgraded knights, again without taking damage. I figured it was a bug so I world builder myself another AA and kept playing. Not long I find my second AA dying to a level 1 chariot, so I decided to post here.

I'd never encountered this before in a LOT of games, has anyone else had this happened to them while playing as the Illians?

Here's a save which the chariot has just killed my AA. It's in the Clan city Censura, sitting at level 1 with 100+ XP :D. It's on patch 2041d, later patches bug out on wrath event.

View attachment Auric Ulvin AD-0592.CivBeyondSwordSave

Globular,

I usually look to fix 'broken' games but patch d is long gone. It is hard for any one to try to fix issues with very old games.

Does the chariot have the Godslayer? If it doesn, Auric is in trouble under any circumstances.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Neither of the units had the godslayer, I checked that first. I looked through all the patch notes and didn't see anything about the AA unit so I decided to post. Are there undocumented fixes not on Kael's bug report post?

I understand I'm using an old version but the avatar of wrath event always locks up my game if I use the current version. :(

Neither of the units had the godslayer, I checked that first. I looked through all the patch notes and didn't see anything about the AA unit so I decided to post. Are there undocumented fixes not on Kael's bug report post?

I understand I'm using an old version but the avatar of wrath event always locks up my game if I use the current version. :(

If there isn't something else going on, your results are weird. Now, was Auric badly hurt? If he was, like any other unti, he can get killed by a full strength unit.

By all means, you can play on patch d - but I hope you understand I can't fix your game then.

Best wishes,

Breunor

In that save I had just taken a city with him, I think he was at about 50 strength total and fortified to heal up when he died. The first time it happened I just thought it was a really bad roll for me but it happened more than once. If you check that save, you can see the chariot unit that killed him is just a regular chariot with no promotions...making it pretty much impossible for it to kill AA. That was the second AA I lost. The first one was exactly the same situation but a different unit, a manticore.

Only other thing I can think of is the AI was mad at me for unleashing AA on them and decided it was going to cheat. :)

I'll try another game with Illians to see if this happens again.

As I said, I can't check a patch d save, I doubt too many people here can. Otherwise I'm pretty sure I could figure out what is going on.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Patch "n" just came out a few days ago, actually, and includes a fix that's supposed to deal with the Avatar of Wrath WoC, so you might want to give it a try.

Top Bottom