1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Auric is EVIL O.o

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by Onionsoilder, May 7, 2010.

1. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

I mean, I know he's Evil in the game, but until I played his scenarios (played all but the last one where you're supposed to stop him yesterday) I never realized how cruel he is. I mean, what motivation did he have for torturing cassiel? I mean, the ritual might have called for his death, but that seemed... unnecessary. And then there was selling Beeri to Perpentach, and freezing Tasunke's soldiers... And then the incident with Drifa... Tasunke never even had a chance.

2. cypher132

cypher132 Emperor

And?
    10chars

3. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

HE'S EVIL!!!

I dunno, I guess I always sort of liked him before... but now, I don't. It just came as sort of a shock.

4. ornom0n

ornom0n Chieftain

Reminds me of my dad when he beated my mom up. I didn't like him after that either. :(

5. cypher132

cypher132 Emperor

..Bummer.

The thing that surprised me the most about Auric, since I started the scenarios as the Doviello who are a personal nostalgic favorite for me, was that the leaders were actually dying in the scenarios. I wasn't expecting a lot of what ended up happening throughout the scenarios.

6. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

That is one thing I like about this Mod - No one is sacred...

7. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Don't you think you are overreacting?
    He only tortured him for like 10 minutes, he did not even pull out his fingernails, gouge out his eyes, flail his skin or do any of the many, many things that he could have.

If Auric was truly evil he would have gone for hours if not days before finally murdering him.
    I mean sure, he is not the best person but...

After reading your comments I was really looking forward to reading the thing.
    I won the scenario and it just felt like...
    Well it was a good story but left me disappointed in the torture section.

8. Kael

Kael Deity

I must say, I never thought that FfH was running low on torture material. With poems about torture, people being locked in coffins, the immortal testing facility, and so many gruesome deaths. But to each his own.

9. PPQ_Purple

No, you misunderstand. You did a great job of achieving the effect and painting the situation of pain and desperation. It just was not as graphic as people say it was.

10. FireBlaze

FireBlaze King

Have you ever considered flaying a man, dipping him in a vat of tar, then locking him in a tiny cage?

True, that may not win you ALL the hardcore torture crowd, but it's a start.

11. Kael

Kael Deity

Why yes I have... Oh wait you mean in the game. Then no, no I haven't.

12. Oatse

Oatse Warlord

To be fair I would of tortured Cassiel too. Stupid Final Fantasy 7 fanboy.

Why are all his cities named after FF7 places?

13. PPQ_Purple

Hm... well I would have definitively flaid him, and I would have than placed him on a stone rough like sandpaper and than i would have deboned him.

Sopoiler for reason:
    Spoiler :
    I just don't like something about a guy that is willing to die rather than to help his people.

14. Elder Methyl

Elder Methyl Warlord

Have you read Agony In Pink? It's an excreable Power Rangers fanfic, but some of the torture advice is sensible, though Squicky.

15. TC01

TC01 Deity

Except the reason he chose to sacrifice himself was to stop the Illians and Doviello from destroying every Grigori city to get to him:

16. PPQ_Purple

He could have just accepted any god or used what ever archangel powers he had...

17. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

And in his opinion that would have been even worse. Personally, I respect him for sticking to his principles even though it meant he would die.

18. Sheogorath

Sheogorath Chieftain

Its a shame you have to die for such principles to even be noted.