"Auroras" Natural Wonder

primem0ver

Emperor
A few questions about this...

Auroras are not confined to one general location. So I am curious.
  1. Why is this a natural wonder? Are they supposed to be particularly vibrant, colorful, and frequent here? (In the XML file it is called "Platy Aurora"... which is a type of fish. I find no mention of this as a real life location/scene on Google. REALLY confused about that!).
  2. Why forbid the building of a settlement on this particular wonder? On the contrary, building a city near such a "wonder" would probably invite tourism, particularly in the modern age and I was eager to inhabit such a location as a result. I might even add a building for the modern times... the "Hotel Aurora" for such a place that adds happiness, culture, and money. I commented out the line that forbids this in my version of this mod.
  3. I can understand forbidding cities on certain types of natural wonders... but honestly, I think that some of these would be very good locations for cities because of the tourism aspect. Has a tourism component in the game ever been discussed?

(In the XML file it is called "Platy Aurora"... which is a type of fish. I find no mention of this as a real life location/scene on Google. REALLY confused about that!).
All the natural wonders have PLATY as a prefix...
platy is just short for platyping, the alias of a mod author who's made a lot of python mods for BtS, he's never worked on C2C afaik, but a lot of his work has been integrated in C2C by others.
platyping is probably the orignial author of the python code related to the natural wonders.

Gotcha. Makes sense then.

A few questions about this...

Auroras are not confined to one general location. So I am curious.
  1. Why is this a natural wonder? Are they supposed to be particularly vibrant, colorful, and frequent here? (In the XML file it is called "Platy Aurora"... which is a type of fish. I find no mention of this as a real life location/scene on Google. REALLY confused about that!).
  2. Why forbid the building of a settlement on this particular wonder? On the contrary, building a city near such a "wonder" would probably invite tourism, particularly in the modern age and I was eager to inhabit such a location as a result. I might even add a building for the modern times... the "Hotel Aurora" for such a place that adds happiness, culture, and money. I commented out the line that forbids this in my version of this mod.
  3. I can understand forbidding cities on certain types of natural wonders... but honestly, I think that some of these would be very good locations for cities because of the tourism aspect. Has a tourism component in the game ever been discussed?
1) I find that one a bit odd as well since it's not limited to such a small space but the entire polar region experiences it.
2) That's really very clunky there and a weakness of the way it was implemented I would think. It's never been addressed though I did do something about the Peak-like natural wonders since it was along the way with another project. A touch of programming may be required and I'm not sure what the pros/cons issues are that led to the current restrictive state. A little focus on making them all work a bit better with C2C would be good.
3) Tourism is a property and natural wonders give a special building you can build if they are within the city radius - I THINK they probably give some tourism but I'm not sure if they were integrated with tourism in mind or not.

Top Bottom