AUS City name... say what?

Zorro 695

Chieftain
I know it's been mentioned before but I hope the next patch/DLC/whatever corrects the Australian City name BALLAARAT (wrong!) to its proper name BALLARAT (correct!).

I'm an Australian and the incorrect spelling irritates me. I'm sure American players would be appalled to see WISHINGTON. How about BIMINGHAM for English players? And French players would riot if they came across DIJJON!

actually sorry to be a pain but it has used both spellings during its life time

It was know as Ballaarat for 139 years and has been Ballarat for 23 years in all honesty I think it could be either in the game file and I am not too fussed either way, but if you don't like it just edit the name and drop the second a.

I know it's been mentioned before but I hope the next patch/DLC/whatever corrects the Australian City name BALLAARAT (wrong!) to its proper name BALLARAT (correct!).

I'm an Australian and the incorrect spelling irritates me. I'm sure American players would be appalled to see WISHINGTON. How about BIMINGHAM for English players? And French players would riot if they came across DIJJON!
But you never get the city names, or any other words, from the countries of the former USSR/Warsaw Pact wrong. As they used to say back during the Cold War, "How can you mispronounce these words? They're pronounced like they're spelt." :p

But you never get the city names, or any other words, from the countries of the former USSR/Warsaw Pact wrong. As they used to say back during the Cold War, "How can you mispronounce these words? They're pronounced like they're spelt." :p
In the German version of Civ VI, Wroclaw is known as Breslau. In the Italian and Spanish versions, it's Breslavia. In all other versions, it's Wroclaw.

Top Bottom