Australia mod for Varietas Delectat

avain

(key)

[BtS] Australia mod v2.0 for Varietas Delectat and Quot Capita
(2010/May/04)

DOWNLOAD: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12287

Unique Unit - Digger (Marine)
Bonus Ambush, March promotions

Unique Building - SportsComplex (Colosseum)
Provides bonus culture and happiness, can turn 2 citizens to artist.

Leaders
Curtin, Menzies

Installation instructions:

- You need to install Varietas Delectat (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=237192)
and/or
- You need to install Quot Capita (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=261143)
- extract(using http://www.7-zip.org/) and run the installer and select the options you want;)

The Capo, bernie, Chuggi, Ekmek, MadmanOfALeader, all others involed

Changelog

v2.0
- couple of units by avain (I'm especially happy how the warelephant turned out;))

v1.1
- corrected citystyle
- packed art to FPK
- install option to install for Quot Capita

v1.0
- initial version

I think the early units look too Aboriginal. They should look Caucasian. Australian Aboriginals are their own civ, but the Australia we know is mostly white.

I think the early units look too Aboriginal. They should look Caucasian. Australian Aboriginals are their own civ, but the Australia we know is mostly white.

Yes, but the primary reason I did Oz is that I had these cool Aborigine early units, real Aussi modern units and LHs. Once enough art is available for both, I'll consider separating them, but to be honest I like it this way, it's an interesting civ this way. (not saying it wouldn't be if separated...)

Glad to see you like my Boxing Kangaroo flag.

Looks great but the medieval units seem kinda out of place... it would be pretty awesome to see Knights replaced by Ned Kelly style bushrangers or something! Macemen could be convicts wielding their ball & chains? Pikemen could be goldrush era miners armed with shovels & pick axes?

Very nice, you're on a roll today! I installed it and it looks as good as the screenshots :)

I'm going to give Australia a play for my next game.

Very nice, you're on a roll today! I installed it and it looks as good as the screenshots :)

I'm going to give Australia a play for my next game.

I was due with this for some time now.
Glad you like 'em, have a good game!

Completely and Fundamentally disagree!!!

As a proud Aussie, and someone who has at least some understanding of Australian History, I can say unequivocally that what Avain's done here is completely appropriate, much more representative than the idea of an Aboriginal Civ, and is basically made of Win and Awesome!

There were literally hundreds of different language groups used by native Australians, and many hundred different major tribal groups. The concept of Australian Aboriginals as one group is, you'll find, a European concept, adopted by indigenous Australians simply because culturally, socially, economically and politically all of these different tribes have been impacted by the same issues following European settlement of Australia, so it makes sense in an official capacity to address those issues collectively.

I've always hoped someone would develop an Australian unit set which represented a combination of the two previously developed civs.... Well Done, Avian... DLing for QC right now!!! :)

This was something I had thought of for medieval era for a possible Jamaican civ; since the civ in question (in this case Australia, in my case Jamaica) didn't have a "medieval period" to speak of perhaps you should use the pirate units to represent the medieval soldiers, I am thinking of doing this for Jamaica since it was a notorious Pirate hang-out and since Australia was once a penal colony this could represent that aspect of its history. Just an idea though.

And I am not trashing the medieval set here at all, a lot of them I used in my original Australia module... in fact I think that's where the flags came from... and the UU... and a lot of those units... and that UB... :mischief:

And I am not trashing the medieval set here at all, a lot of them I used in my original Australia module... in fact I think that's where the flags came from... and the UU... and a lot of those units... and that UB... :mischief:

That's correct. And I can't wait for your new version to rip more units and graphics;)

Well, I find no explanation to why units the units would change race.

Like your idea of black pirates for the West Indies civ, Capo.

Top Bottom