Australian Santa fired for pimping on the job....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the same as it would be if a priest were singing "O, Come, All Ye Faithful" while, uh, experiencing high blood pressure in the groinal region.

Not really grounds to censor the song, is it? :p

touché. I mean, if we try hard enough, we can see a sexual innuendo in nearly any saying. where will it stop?

teehee, Santa has nuts in his sack ....

TK: It's not. Read the whole thread.

Such bs. I fail to see how any woman, anyone at all would be offended by this.
Unless he happens to be pimping out his little elves, maybe.
And than there is that reindeer with the shiny red nose...

Pimp, ho, red light... :undecide:

Dammit people.

IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

Well of course it did. The source would have been some disgruntled Australian d!ckhead just looking for something to whinge about, and then the sensationalist tabloid rags of Rupert Murdoch jumping in on the act and running with his silly exaggerations. From the initial article a fw weeks ago in Yahoo news:

"A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself."

And then from an earlier article in an Adelaide paper:

Westaff national operations manager Glen Jansz said the company's Santas had been urged to "tone down" their use of the "ho, ho, ho" phrase – but he said it wasn't for fear of offending women.

"The reason behind that is we find that in some cases the little kids can get a little bit scared of the deep ho, ho, hos and we ask them to be mindful of keeping their voices to a lower level," he said.

"And kids are probably more inclined to understand `ha, ha, ha', than `ho, ho, ho'."

This is just sensationalist second-rate press making stuff up to fit the tired old PC MADNESS WAR ON CHRISTMAS trope, and then a bunch of other news agencies reproducing the stories without bothering to fact-check.

We three kings of Leicester Square,
Selling ladies underwear.
So fantastic! No elastic!
Only tuppence a pair!!

I think the more worrying thing is that, despite now being proven to be false as Arwon said, it's a case that so many people could instantly believe it (I did). What type of world do we live in when things like this are considered the new 'norm'

Maybe he should giggle. Kids will definately get that, and it's not frightening at all ^_^
Of course he may just have been overly enthousiastic and very loud.

I'm in a silly mood, I better go find something useful to do instead of spamming the boards :D

I think the more worrying thing is that, despite now being proven to be false as Arwon said, it's a case that so many people could instantly believe it (I did). What type of world do we live in when things like this are considered the new 'norm'

WAR ON CHRISTMAS WAR ON CHRISTMAS

Personally I blame Rupert Murdoch and his fellow tabloid merchants and their asinine culture war fantasies.

Me too, obviously. :blush: You'd think I'd have learned after last year's round of 'war on christmas' BS.

WAR ON CHRISTMAS WAR ON CHRISTMAS

Personally I blame Rupert Murdoch and his fellow tabloid merchants and their asinine culture war fantasies.

Seconded.....

POLITICALLY CORRECT SANTA
by (c)Harvey Ehrlich

'Twas the night before Christmas and Santa's a wreck...
How to live in a world that's politically correct?
His workers no longer would answer to "Elves",
"Vertically Challenged" they were calling themselves.

And labor conditions at the north pole
Were alleged by the union to stifle the soul.
Four reindeer had vanished, without much propriety,
Released to the wilds by the Humane Society.
And equal employment had made it quite clear
That Santa had better not use just reindeer.
So Dancer and Donner, Comet and Cupid,
Were replaced with 4 pigs, and you know that looked stupid!

The runners had been removed from his sleigh;
The ruts were termed dangerous by the E.P.A.
And people had started to call for the cops
When they heard sled noises on their roof-tops.
Second-hand smoke from his pipe had his workers quite frightened.
His fur trimmed red suit was called "Unenlightened."

And to show you the strangeness of life's ebbs and flows,
Rudolf was suing over unauthorized use of his nose
And had gone on Geraldo, in front of the nation,
Demanding millions in over-due compensation.

So, half of the reindeer were gone; and his wife,
Who suddenly said she'd enough of this life,
Joined a self-help group, packed, and left in a whiz,
Demanding from now on her title was Ms.

And as for the gifts, why, he'd ne'er had a notion
That making a choice could cause so much commotion.
Nothing of leather, nothing of fur,
Which meant nothing for him. And nothing for her.

Nothing that might be construed to pollute.
Nothing to aim. Nothing to shoot.
Nothing that clamored or made lots of noise.
Nothing for just girls. Or just for the boys.

Nothing that claimed to be gender specific.
Nothing that's warlike or non-pacific.
No candy or sweets...they were bad for the tooth.
Nothing that seemed to embellish a truth.

And fairy tales, while not yet forbidden,
Were like Ken and Barbie, better off hidden.
For they raised the hackles of those psychological
Who claimed the only good gift was one ecological.

No baseball, no football...someone could get hurt;
Besides, playing sports exposed kids to dirt.
Dolls were said to be sexist, and should be passe;
And Nintendo would rot your entire brain away.

So Santa just stood there, disheveled, perplexed;
He just could not figure out what to do next.
He tried to be merry, tried to be gay,
But you've got to be careful with that word today.

His sack was quite empty, limp to the ground;
Nothing fully acceptable was to be found.
Something special was needed, a gift that he might
Give to all without angering the left or the right.

A gift that would satisfy, with no indecision,
Each group of people, every religion;
Every ethnicity, every hue,
Everyone, everywhere...even you.

So here is that gift, it's price beyond worth...
"May you and your loved ones enjoy peace on earth."​

Link

It's that time of year again! The season of warm cheer, inane music, and concocted stories about an imaginary PC war on Christmas that always turn out to be nothing of the sort.

I thought the "WAR ON CHRISTMAS" phrase was a term used by Christians who felt that the religious symbols of Christmas were being purged.

Correct me if Im wrong, but dont the true religious types hate Santa much more than presumed athiests who wage the "WAR ON CHRISTMAS". Wouldnt the true evangelical love to kill off Santa so we could all focus on Jesus?

The evangelicals hate Santa, the athiests hate Santa, only commerical exploiters love him.

It's that time of year again! The season of warm cheer, inane music, and concocted stories about an imaginary PC war on Christmas that always turn out to be nothing of the sort.

I thought the "WAR ON CHRISTMAS" phrase was a term used by Christians who felt that the religious symbols of Christmas were being purged.

Correct me if Im wrong, but dont the true religious types hate Santa much more than presumed athiests who wage the "WAR ON CHRISTMAS". Wouldnt the true evangelical love to kill off Santa so we could all focus on Jesus?

The evangelicals hate Santa, the athiests hate Santa, only commerical exploiters love him.

If only there was some kind of thread where we could discuss this whole "war on christmas" deal....hmmmmmmmm ;)

There are multiple definitions for each word these days. If people are that pessimistic, anal, or troubled by their conscience that they need to twist a child's holiday icon around into a personal insult, they deserve to be loaded into a boat, shipped across seas, and dumped on some remote south pacific island prison. Err... wait??

There are multiple definitions for each word these days. If people are that pessimistic, anal, or troubled by their conscience that they need to twist a child's holiday icon around into a personal insult, they deserve to be loaded into a boat, shipped across seas, and dumped on some remote south pacific island prison. Err... wait??

Except, as Arwon pointed out, that was not the issue at all....

ok, last time....

Those are incredibly dumb PC rules, there, if at all true. Wouldn't you all think the store Santa were nuts if he kept forcing out "Ha! Ha! Ha!"?

Another bloody battle in the War on Christmas....

Edit: Though I'll bet someone will hear of it and think "good idea" and try to institute it in some store somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom