Australian Summer Patch discussion thread

Achievements:

A Smashing Victory - Win a regular game as John Curtin
Wood for Sheep - Playing as Australia, build a Pasture over Sheep and steal an adjacent player's Lumbermill
Revenge of the Banana Benders - Win Outback Tycoon as Queensland
Crow-eater Conquest - Win Outback Tycoon as South Australia
Gumsucker Punch - Win Outback Tycoon as Victoria
Sandgroper Sweep - Win Outback Tycoon as Western Australia
Meanwhile, in Australia - Win Outback Tycoon at Deity difficulty
Quite a Crowded house - Complete an online multiplayer game of Outback Tycoon
Midnight Oil - Build an Oil Well on the final turn of the Outback Tycoon scenario
Attack of the Drop Bear - Lose a unit to the perils of Australia in the Outback Tycoon scenario

Achievements:

Wood for Sheep - Playing as Australia, build a Pasture over Sheep and steal an adjacent player's Lumbermill
Midnight Oil - Build an Oil Well on the final turn of the Outback Tycoon scenario
Attack of the Drop Bear - Lose a unit to the perils of Australia in the Outback Tycoon scenario
Lol at that catan reference.

Nerfed Commercial Hubs/Harbors

I'm not a fan of this solution because it reduces the value of settling near water, and hurts Victoria (an already weak leader/civ) quite a bit.

Players can now build obsoleted units if they do not have access to the strategic resource required by the upgrade unit.

That alone makes this patch gold. GOLD.

Agreed, this is a fantastic change. I think I run into the frustration of not being able to build units for a specific role at least once per game.

Woah, TSL for the Earth map? Finally! Wish there was a restart option added, but this seems like a good update.

Nothing on the list of the AI to build more cities for bigger maps. need to try the game first and see if anything is changed there

Achievements:

So 8 of these are for the scenario. Such a waste of speculative math.

I'm not a fan of this solution because it reduces the value of settling near water, and hurts Victoria (an already weak leader/civ) quite a bit.

Although, if you look at it differently, this means that if you have a Commercial Hubs are no longer a must in all cities, as Harbors will do their job in coastal cities.

I always build a coastal city anyway, since I play on continents.

Mod management looks promising so far. Ability to group mods for quick enable/disable, and can set to autodownload mods you don't have to join a multiplayer game.

Moderator Action: With the patch now out, let's have discussion about the patch in this thread. Discussion suitable for the "Next patch anticipation thread" can continue in that thread until the Mac/Linux patch is released, after which it will be closed.

Edge scrolling still not fixed. Since it's such an easy fix I can only assume that for some weird reason they don't consider it broken. (In case you didn't know, putting the mouse right at the top of the screen doesn't scroll up, you have to be at the top of the graphical window, not the top of the screen. In addition, putting the mouse on the edge of the screen left and right doesn't scroll if you are over information windows- it's only the actual graphic view window that triggers edge scrolling).

Of course I wish they did more but looks like a promising direction - hope they keep up the effort (less time on DLCs, more time on base game!). I'm glad they nerfed commercial/harbor. They have so much more to do with trade routes though, which is still internal-trade-route-spam-nation.

Top Bottom