Austria UA is the best (in Deity)

Arilian

King
My first game in GnK was with Boduccia, and I won confortably in immortal, so I moved to deity / Austria every setting standard.

The game is not finished yet, but the ability is just awsome and I am winning.
In deity the city states are bigger than your capital, and have good location (tough not the best) ofthen with a natural wonder.
My first marriage bouth me the new NW mountain with 8 faith / turn.
The third bougth me an ARMY of units I did not even had access to yet.

I am not using patronage at all, commerce gives me the credits I need, along with science and more happiness (both buffed in GnK - commerce tree)

Best new civ Imho.

Also we play a hotseat allied Emparor game at home, and I am Austria.
It is a TERRA map, where this is also very good.

I got an admiral from commerce, discovered the new word, Both a militaristic CS with 5 military units, discovered the new continents where 3 of the units was upgraded from huts, the Crossbow become Gattling gun - coming home to old world to defend before cannons...

Enjoy the Austia UA overpowerdness while it lasts :) It will be changed in the next patch.

Gotta love black213's avatar :goodjob:

AWESOME!

Back to topic :

Nice one Arilian! How do you defend against AIs double or triple DoWs before turn 70?

How are you so sure?

Because this expansion desperately needs a balancing patch and Austria is broken as it currently is?

Can someone explain the UA to me? I'm playing Austria now, and I "diplo marraiged" a city state that had jewelry, and after it becoming my own city, I still have the jewelry (and I'm not allied or even friends with other city states, so it has to be coming from that city).

Does that mean I'll get extra culture from a cultural CS if I consume it, etc? How do the different types of CS work in that scenario?

Gotta love black213's avatar :goodjob:

AWESOME!

Back to topic :

Nice one Arilian! How do you defend against AIs double or triple DoWs before turn 70?

I will try to get you a screenshot when I got home :)
I got now Gingis and Sulejman on me, and unfortunately Sulejman is really into my land as he put cities right between the CS-s i have bought.

At the moment he did not dow me yet in the deity game, but if it will there will be trouble. My military however is VERY stong, never had anything like this in a deity game before. Almost all of my units come from CSs.

Against Gingis I defent very easily vith a GG fort and 3 composite bowman.
The real problem is happiness now as I have annexed 12 pop CS-s...

Actually I think now that Maria is even better on water maps, getting all the CS-s withough this hate from the AI.

Can someone explain the UA to me? I'm playing Austria now, and I "diplo marraiged" a city state that had jewelry, and after it becoming my own city, I still have the jewelry (and I'm not allied or even friends with other city states, so it has to be coming from that city).

Does that mean I'll get extra culture from a cultural CS if I consume it, etc? How do the different types of CS work in that scenario?

If you mouse over the city, you'll see that it sits on top of a source of "jewelry"; it's just another luxury resource on the map, but it's coded to only appear directly underneath random mercantile city-states. So yeah, you still get the resource and can even trade it if you want to.

Or because every CS you purchase does not count against future policies? I finished an Emperor game where I bought every CS on the map and settled ONLY my capital. Needless to say, i won.

I got the militaristic ones last so i could keep getting free units to fight off invasions - i love how your units come to you now. that made all the difference. especially in cases where my Mil city state ally is next to both my new annexed city AND my enemy on the other side of it's borders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeypotpie
Nice argument. You said Austria is OP because it's OP. Why? Cause you said so! Of course.
Or buying 7 destroyers, a city with 10 pop, infantry unit and gatlin gun for 500 gold is too good?

You can do this (use puppet) then sell the city for someone who is not ahead of you.
Pure win (actually you probably loosing a few culture/food for some turns until the next would be AI spy COUP)

Remember how long it took them to fix the Legalism bug?

Don't be so confident that they'll fix something just because it's obviously broken.

Remember how long it took them to fix the Legalism bug?

Don't be so confident that they'll fix something just because it's obviously broken.

This is an issue which affects game balance, though, as opposed to legalism which was equally annoying for all sides. Plus it's such a simple fix to either cap the number of CSs which can be "bought" and/or to increase the cost of DM after each usage.

Bugs and gameplay imbalances are usually prioritized differently (depending on how badly they affect gameplay), and the latter is usually much easier to address than the former. So I don't think one can draw any conclusions based on that.

When you've bought a city state using this UA, I presume they don't get a UN vote?

When you've bought a city state using this UA, I presume they don't get a UN vote?

Yep, which was how Austria managed to screw herself out of a Diplo victory when she did built the UN in one game.

Top Bottom