1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Austrin music

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by rmunn, Apr 4, 2010.

1. rmunn

rmunn Chieftain

Funny coincidence the other day. A friend of mine emailed me saying "I know The Twelve Kingdoms is one of your favorite anime. I'm trying to persuade my wife to watch it with me; can you write me a review of Twelve Kingdoms so I can show her it's not just me who likes it?" So I wrote about the gorgeous animation, detailed world-building, intriguing plot, and so on... then when I was done with that email, fired up RifE to start a new game.

This time, the Austrin were neighbors of mine (I'd never met them before, somehow), so for the first time I saw their diplo screen and heard their diplo music. And thought "gee, that musical intro sounds awfully familiar...". Then the harp/percussion section ended and the flute came in -- and I laughed. It was indeed the Twelve Kingdoms intro music!

Valkrionn, or whoever picked that music if it wasn't Valk: I commend you on excellent taste. :D

P.S. And if it's of interest to anyone, it seems that Amazon.com is having a 50% off sale on anime right now -- until April 19, you can get the Twelve Kingdoms complete collection for $35 instead of the regular price of $70. Considering the show is 45 episodes long, that's less than a dollar per episode -- a real steal for a show of this quality. There's other "steals" there too, like Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex for just $25-30 per season.

But enough about anime, that's not the main point of this post. The main point is just to congratulate whoever picked that music on having excellent taste. Which, as we all know, is defined as "the same as mine." :lol:

EDIT: Corrected a whole-word typo in the first paragraph: "when I was done with that animation" should have been "when I was done with that email".

2. Aline

Aline Cat

I agree with your opinion on 12k, one of my favorites and one of the most interesting fictional worlds.

Talking about music, anyone knows the barbarian music, i love it but i cannot find the name of the song or artist, even in the ffh credit thred.

3. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

That would actually have been Vehem, as the Austrin are from FF. ;)

4. Korias

Korias King

This has always been something that I wanted, but have no ability to do: See a list of what music/art and where it comes from exactly.

But we're all too busy modding to do so or we simply dont know where its from.