1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Authority check up

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by jeterb98, Oct 15, 2020.

1. jeterb98

jeterb98 Chieftain

So I usually do really well and win easily with tradition or progress starts and generally not warring other than to block off AI expansion. Decided to try an Authority Warmonger game as the Huns and am now in a tricky spot where I don't know if I'm too far behind or how I tackle the other AIs. I started on a continent with Siam and the Celts and I have taken them both out but the other AIs are on the other continent. There doesn't seem to be a snowball as Poland, China, The Zulu, and Denmark are all within 2 techs and policies of each other, with Zulu and China holding around 10 wonders each. I am about 5 techs behind and 3-4 social policies behind. My religion is God of War-Hero Worship-orders-mosque-inquisition-Divine teachings. Inquisition was a mistake, I thought I'd get more out of it which I might if I start attacking the other civs on the other continent but by the time i took it the Celts only had 1 city left. Obviously wanted crusader spirit but it got picked so I went Divine teachings to help with science. Maybe should have picked creativity instead of orders for more culture since Im lacking. The AIs left are all in defensive packs with each other, other than the zulu who are alone but are the furthest to reach.

So the big problem is that I am behind but not too much but all my bonuses are in taking cities and killing units but I have to cross the ocean and attack pretty much all of them at once to be able to start catching up but Im keeping my gold and happines afloat rn by buying and selling luxuries and strategics since I have so many with a continent to myself. Here are some pictures, what do you guys think I should do? just cross the ocean anyway and attack Japan who is the weakest but in defensive pack with everyone but the zulu? or can I build up my infastructure enough to keep up while waiting for a better opportunity to attack. I have no gage for where my yields should be at this point with authority, hence me asking. Here are some pics
    20201015173156_1.jpg
    20201015173227_1.jpg 20201015173243_1.jpg
    20201015173336_1.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Milae

Milae Warlord

Send me your game here I can give you a better answer: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/analysing-advice-on-your-games.661170/

But you are pretty safe so I don't think being at war with everyone will affect you too much in that sense. And you can probably eventually make some progress if you have somewhere to land your troops and wear them down using your UA. Main thing I would worry about is happiness as you will lose all your deals if you are at war. Avoid growth on some cities and stop working the farms that only give food until it's under control and then you can attack if you have a good target.
    As you mentioned science is okay but culture is more of a problem so try to work some of the guilds for more culture as well. There is also +2 culture and +1 happiness for each city with a garrison.

While you are getting ready to attack the other civs you could attack some city states as well for more yields and troops. Maybe if you anger another civ enough they will declare on you and you won't have to worry about the DPs! Having Lancers will probs make your wars with Civs much easier as they are a big upgrade on Knights. Also you will be able to cross ocean soon so you can see what's going on to the left.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    jeterb98 likes this.
  3. darkstrat

darkstrat Chieftain

You dont gain anything from remaining peaceful, better improve your navy and transfer your army to the other continent. Asfor the defensive pacts, you do not really have much to worry about because the AI even if at common war rarely helps each other, and can anyways not attack you easily because of the separate landmass. Attack Japan and atleast take 3 cities before peace. Annex those cities and start building defensive buildings in them with other military booster buildings. Once the cities are strong, start building as much units as u can fit in that landmass. Transfer your mainland(remaining) army to the shoreline. Declare on the nearest civ and go for the push, vassalize them. Take those wonderful capitals. And then its an easy game.

4. andersw

andersw Emperor

What difficulty, (that makes a big difference on how fast they reinforce and bonuses etc).
    You probably have to invade at some point.
    One issue is, where do you retreat/heal up etc.
    I would probably send out a couple of caravels and be on the lookout after a strategic city state to take over and use as a foot hold on that continent.
    Question is if you want to take over the one to the south or go for the big continent at once....

Milae likes this.
  5. jeterb98

jeterb98 Chieftain

This is on emperor(6)
    I really like the taking a city state idea as a landing but as you guys said i need to do a bit more exploring to be sure.
    I also thought about attacking the chinese city on the island south of me and using that as a precursor, poland also dropped a city on my main continent that i could take and use. Ill play more to explore a bit more of the map to see other options

6. tothePAIN

tothePAIN King

I would recommend using explorers to find out more about the continent. Then conquer a city state or two for a foothold and then decide how you're going to attach. You pretty much have to continue to conquer or fall behind.