Authority of the Culture Minister

gert-janl

Alive!!!
The Term IV Court believes that Article D.6 of the Constitution requires reconsidering, in order to keep the Constitution from contradicting itself.

Code:
[b]Article D.6[/b]
The Minister of Culture shall be responsible for the
keeping of the peace and the construction of wonders.

I would recommend to change this clause into:

Code:
[b]Newly proposed Article D.6[/b]
construction of wonders and keeping track of the national culture level.

This should be done since it's the Minister of Foreign Affairs who is actually tasked with either keeping peace or war, and this has nothing to do with the Minister of Culture.
Keeping track of national culture level would mean that this minister informs governors if there is a need to build more culture. If there are any other ideas about the amending of this clause, don't hesitate to post them.

My suggestion for this clause is that it should include the analysis and fighting of culture wars. I don't think the national culture level needs to be specifically mentioned as it is tracked by the game itself.

Code:
The Minister of Culture shall be responsible for the construction of 
wonders and the analysis and fighting of culture wars.

I think we should add corruption to the Culture Ministry as well, since corruption and waste levels are also important to both culture levels and science and so on. And in peacetime, we may use police stations and courthouses, as well as Forbidden Palace to curb corruption, what about adding corruption to the portfolio of culture ?

Culture generation is not directly affected by corruption. I think the function of monitoring and curbing waste using courthouses and police stations should remain the responsibility of the governors. Its already loosely covered in the Governor's section of the constitution E.2.b "b.Governors are responsible for the care, management, ..."

I agree with MOTH here; that's mainly the task of the Minister of Internal Affairs in cooperation with the governors.

I didn't really know how to put the task of the Culture minister. But what I meant with keeping track of the cultural level is that this official also informs governors if the level is too low. However, I am willing to accept MOTH's proposal either way.

Though 'fighting culture wars' seems like the other opposite of 'keeping the peace' ;) :D

Code:
construction of wonders when applicable, and in an 
ongoing basis, keep the citizens of our nation abreast 
with the rest of the world in, if not a leading proponent
of the world's cultural scene.

I disagree with all proposals here. As I've said before, how can the culture minister monitor and control our culture, if he can not produce culture?

This is like telling the president he has to play the save, but not allow him/her to download it.

I propose the following:

Article D.6 said:
The Culture Minister is tasked with the power of monitors and conducting culture wars and the construction of wonders. The culture minister may over-ride a govonors build queue and place in a cultural aiding improvement with the will of the people. He may also "declare a culture war" on a civilization, with the will of the people, to gain terrority, resources, luxeries, or anything the people may want to attain.

MOTH's proposal:
Code:
Newly proposed Article D.6
wonders and the analysis and fighting of culture wars.

I think that MOTH has come closest to the spirit and brevity of Constitutional law, although I do not agree that the term "culture war" should be part of it. What does everyone think of this slight alteration?

Zoi's amendment:
wonders, as well as the analysis and maintenance of cultural borders.

I'd say Donovan's proposal makes the most sense, as well as maintaining the wording of the constitution the best.

Go DZ!

-- Ravensfire

so since there seems to be a general consensus among us does anyone have a problem if I(as a citizen) present this to the judiciary for the stamp of approval to move to polling?

mhcarver said:
so since there seems to be a general consensus among us does anyone have a problem if I(as a citizen) present this to the judiciary for the stamp of approval to move to polling?

Let's let this simmer at least 24 hours. It's a change to the Constitution (albiet a clarification), and those should be handled gently.

-- Ravensfire

ravensfire said:
Let's let this simmer at least 24 hours. It's a change to the Constitution (albiet a clarification), and those should be handled gently.

-- Ravensfire

Good idea, and because of time constraints I may not try to move this forward till tommorow night, if anyone else wants to move it forward before then , feel free I guess

Top Bottom