auto attack bug?

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by Otterbear, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Otterbear

Otterbear Chieftain

Help, Ive searched, and searched, and searched again...for days...and I cant find any answer to why my auto attacking ships all suddenly go to some arbitrary point in space and turn off auto attack. For some strange reason they decide to meet at some point and quit moving. Ive found that if I manually move them individually or as a fleet they will SOMETIMES restart to attack...(after Ive given them the auto attack order AGAIN). But, then they will pull the same stunt again. Sometimes immediately after Ive given them the auto attack order. Anybody else having this problem. I have the latest version of Dread Lords 1.5 something. And yes there are still many things for them to attack.

2. Strato

Strato Warlord

Check your rally points? It is possible that they've been assigned to move to a rally point. You'll need to have a look via the Governor screen. Sorry, it's been a little while since I played, basically go to the Civilization management button, then the Governor tab, and deselect whatever one seems to make sense...

3. Otterbear

Otterbear Chieftain

Yea, thats the way they act. However I have no rally points assigned or at all. This was the first thing I thought. It does look as though there going to some invisible rally point. However,(stupid me), I just purchased BOTH the expansion packs cuz they say (Starpoint), that they are basicly upgrades. LOL Same problem. Now on top of that problem - the game crashes *(only when winning the campaign) and slows down to a crawl in the first year (with no aparent reason).
    Thanks for the help anyway. I really do apreciate the assistance.

4. Strato

Strato Warlord

Have you tried the Gal Civ 2 forums by chance? I don't know what else it could be right now. If I think of anything, I'll let you know.

Good luck :)

5. Otterbear

Otterbear Chieftain

Yea, Ive tried there too. Like watching hair grow getting a usefull response. Ive also turned in error reports to Stardock, (its been 3 weeks and still nothing).