1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

auto end turn?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by pvc, Nov 10, 2005.

1. pvc

pvc Chieftain

is this option still somewhere in the game?

i really hate having to press the spacee bar/enterkey after evry step my warrior/scout/archer takes in the early parts of the game (specialy on the huge maps.

any one know if its still there? cant find it... (or maybe its possible to mod it in?)

-PvC

2. Morten Blaabjerg

Morten Blaabjerg Settler

It's there. Press CTRL+O to get the options screen in-game, then select/deselect the appropriate box on the 'game options' screen :)

3. JohnnyRico

JohnnyRico Chieftain

Yeah, its there.

In a game hit Esc key.
    Click <options>.
    Check wait at the end of turn.

Unfortunately i think it doesnt work. At least I still had to press the red end-of-turn button. Then in mid-game (when i forgot that the option was even left 'ON') the turns started to end automatically. This was bad because in the middle of a war i needed to upgrade units but i didnt have the chance to... so i lost a city. NP, reloaded, turned off the option and continued. Unfortunately tghsi might be another minor annoyance that doesnt work properly in civ 4.

If Fireaxis is readnig this, heres a bit of wishlisting:
    IT would be extrmely nice to have an
    AUTOMATIC END OF TURN OPTION, THAT TURNS ITSELF OFF DURIGN WARTIME.
    How convenient is that?

4. pvc

pvc Chieftain

thanks, oddly enough i went through the option a few trimes and couldnt find it somehow ;)

5. mulletboat

mulletboat Chieftain

ok, I am trying this game for the first time today, and i have been looking for a way to properly do auto end turn, and....there isn't one. Its specifically designed to not work when you want it to, and to work when you don't want it to.
    Basically if there is absolutely nothing you want to do except let the game auto pilot, while you wait on builds, and/or automated actions to complete, it will force you to manually approve the end of every turn, thus negating the whole point of them putting in any such an option any way, and frankly, making me feel insulted, that they felt the need to put in a safety mechanism "for my own good" , that they don't feel i am responsible enough to disable if i so please. Leaving me wasting valuable minutes of potential game time, searching for a workaround/solution, and then typing long complaints on the internet when i fail to find one.