1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Auto hunt on late eras.

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by CainStar, Feb 21, 2017.

1. CainStar

CainStar Warlord

So I posted this in another thread:
    Thunderbrd also mention that he improved the hunting AI in revision 9441. Did he mean hunting on land only? I just noticed that when I hit modern era, and at some point upgraded my sea hunting ships to 'Modern Battleship' they stopped actually hunting, and acted like they were only exploring. This seems to relate also to modern are hunter units too. Can't exactly pin point when this "lost of interest" happens well there is no "open land" to hunt anymore. But anyway to this point I had specific the "attack chance" for automated hunting to 80% in early game to protect my hunter(before thunderbrd removed the auto upgrade to marching). So I decided to do an experiment and lower the "attack chance" to 0%, I mean there is no real danger for my sea hunter units since I'm in transhuman era and I am using unmanned destroyers, and behold they resumed actual hunting. I don't know how, or why, they started hunting again, but I doubt that everything is "all right" with the "attack chance" % thing, since I am quite sure that my unmanned destroyers have better chance than 80% on average agains wild sea animal.

And I just wanted to report that, lowering the 'attack chance' to 0% indeed affects the automated hunting on land too.

2. Shoobs

Shoobs Prince

I think I can concur with some of this analysis. This actually happens with chasers going against certain creatures that they have less than a 5% ( or lower, I'm not sure which ) chance of killing and will just straight suicide against them for absolutely no reason at all. This will also occur with trackers vs. barbarian units, really strong herds, or apex predators ( str 6+ ) on size matters.