Auto-renew trade route default

legalizefreedom

Inefficiency Expert
Apparently, the renew trade route thread should not have been closed;)

Trade routes now default to auto-renew. They should default to manual and auto renew only when specified.

Agreed. I never really want to mindlessly autorenew, because, the next time around, I might need to be redirecting resources and you can't just change a trade route on a whim. So many turns of waste if you make a mistake.

You might, before selecting a new destination, click and delesect the "auto renew when finished" in the "choose a destination screen". The system remebers that option, and from then onward all trade routes selections won't auto renew, unless you click on that button again.

You might, before selecting a new destination, click and delesect the "auto renew when finished" in the "choose a destination screen". The system remebers that option, and from then onward all trade routes selections won't auto renew, unless you click on that button again.

Correct. You can also get to all of them at once from the Trade Overview screen.

My suggestion is that this should be off by default. Since yields are changing constantly, I can't imagine why you would want to use this option until the game outcome isn't in question (late game).

An entry in the options menu could also select what the player wanted the default to be. That would make everyone happy.

Top Bottom