Auto-switch to Strategy on End of Turn

PinkRose

Warlord
Hey, I know nothing about coding.
Is it possible, and can someone, put together some kind of MOD that would automatically switch the view to Strategic View when one hits the "End of Turn" button?

This way, opponent's turns fly by and a rate up to 10x what they are in Normal view.
And then switch it back when it is the player's turn again.

Even better would be a button, so when you own a whole continent and there are no wars going on, you could turn it off, and then back on.

Can anyone take this on?
Anyone think this is a good idea?

Is the difference between the two really that pronounced?

Huge.
If you have combat animations on, then you watch all the fights near your Civ between the AIs.
If you go into Strategic View before you end your turn, damage numbers pop up and that's it.
However, after some thought, it might be even better to have code to turn combat animations on and off from the main screen.

Either way, it's not much fun watching the AI beat up the AI for a minute.

Alright, your wish is my command. The mod you want is called Strategic View Turn Switcher, and is in the mod browser now. ;)

Afforess, this works perfectly.
If you make a change, is it possible to make it an option that can be turned onduring game.
I could see this being nice if I was being attacked and wanted to watch the massacre and then turned back off when I ruled the continent.

Top Bottom