1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Auto unit cycling

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by CPCMaxwell, Oct 6, 2010.

1. CPCMaxwell

CPCMaxwell Chieftain

This is seriously getting on my nerves.

Is there a way to avoid switching to the other end of the map to move a stupid worker while I'm planning every little step of my army while assaulting a city ?

This is ridiculous, at least civil and military units shouldn't be mixed in the cycle.

Any help is welcome, thanks.

2. Conspirator

Conspirator Prince

Instead of right clicking to move, select the 'Move To' button, and it won't switch to another unit if you still have movement points left after moving. In fact I usually use the move to button because you can see the path the unit will take.

3. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

I feel your pain. It's driving me nuts as well.

4. mamuz

mamuz Chieftain

:goodjob:

5. PieceOfMind

Also, telling a siege unit to set up will make it lose focus (cycle to another unit). It even still has movement points yet. :mad:

6. CPCMaxwell

CPCMaxwell Chieftain

Humm.... left-clicking to move a unit doesn't swith to the next if it still can move. Don't you move one tile after the other when exploring ? And it also show the path as long as you keep pressing.

7. CPCMaxwell

CPCMaxwell Chieftain

Well if you tell to set up, you're not likely to move it afterwards... That's kinda logical to switch to the next, like when you fortify.

8. Collic

Collic Warlord

It's not really logical if that was your first movement point for that turn though, and you were planning to fire it.

I can't stand the auto focus either, I'm surprised the option to turn it off is missing, since it's generally quite standard for tbs.

9. CPCMaxwell

CPCMaxwell Chieftain

Ho, my bad, you're right, I misunderstood because... I don't have this problem. When I set it up, I lose focus but immediatly get it back, even if that was the first thing I did that turn.

Could a mod be made to avoid cycling, or at least set the cycling order ourselves ?

10. PieceOfMind

I think by using the wait command ('w') you could probably manage a way to re-order the queue, but it's probably more work than what it's worth. And I'm not even sure if it'd work.

11. ash88

ash88 Hail to the King Baby -DN

This is driving me insane as well.

Absolutely infuriating... moving your units one by one in for war and being auto-scrolled to the other side of the map...

If only 1 thing is fixed this has to be it.

12. willgamer

willgamer Chieftain

That's got my vote.

Late at night, the movement actually makes me slightly seasick! :(

13. pagh80

pagh80 Warlord

I can only agree.
    I wonder why the game not just go to the next units that is nearest to your previous one.

14. skallben

skallben Diplomat

Not enough options, build more code.

15. Conspirator

Conspirator Prince

This doesn't happen to me. If I set up a siege unit and it has movement points left, it stays with the siege unit.

16. Teodosio

Teodosio Warlord

Agree, auto-cycling is really a pain, there should be an option to turn it off on the next patch.

17. Guardian_PL

Guardian_PL Emperor

Wooow, someone is sick for the same illness as me! Seriously, I've spent ages looking for that option, I kept muttering "it has to be here, has to be here, c'mon stupid, why can't you see it?", and in the end :sad: it simply wasn't there.

It might look like nitpicking but to me there's nothing (except for the AI as a whole) more frustrating then to be thrown across the map while you're in the middle of executing coordinated action on the war front :mad:

18. Mahi

Mahi Warlord

Those who are getting physically ill by the map scrolling should email 2K and make them aware of this. I'll bet it'll make them move the problem a bit up the priority list.

19. nakmandan

nakmandan Chieftain

Totally agree, left,right,left,right. Wheres my Dramamine??:crazyeye:

20. PieceOfMind

Has anyone made a Firaxian aware of this? e.g. on the 2k forums? This should indeed be very high priority for patching.