1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Automated missionaries

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Funak, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Funak

Funak Deity

Okay this isn't exactly a bug, which is why I'm making a thread about it instead. This also somewhat applies to automated workers, but that imho is a lot less important.

Anyways I'm sure you've all run into the situation where the automate missionary button just stops working, I sure have, and I hate it.
    The situations where it happens seem to have to do with:
    Range, sometimes the cities on the west side of my empire couldn't send missionaries while the cities on the east side could.
    Terrain, My missionaries refuse to embark and go convert city-state islands 7 tiles away.
    Religious presence, missionaries doesn't seem to want to try and convert a city if they can't completely flip it in two hits, this is pretty obvious from the fact that picking "One World, One Religion" makes automated missionaries at least bearable.

Well, my point here is that I really dislike the fact that the missionaries just quit, I mean I don't care if they have to run all over the planet or throw 30 of themselves on the gates of Babylon to get it converted, I payed for the missionaries I'm going to use them either way.

Automated workers seems to function about the same way, I had like 15 workers getting stuck doing nothing in my capital because my border-cities that actually needed improvements were too far away (And this was actually even worse because you don't really notice idle workers grouping up)

2. hokath

hokath King

Did this behaviour crop up recently?

3. Funak

Funak Deity

No it's been around for a while, just never bothered bringing it up. You don't experience it, Hokath?

4. hokath

hokath King

I didn't realise you could automate missionaries, for one.
    I only automate workers if I'm winning, but I haven't noticed them doing weird stuff like that.

5. Funak

Funak Deity

Oh, okay. I do from time to time try to play with only automated workers just to be able to give feedback on the automation. Missionaries I just find so dreadfully boring to micromanage that I just slap automate on them as soon as they spawn.

6. hokath

hokath King

I'll try it!

7. Gidoza

Gidoza Emperor

See if I automated Missionaries I'd be going bonkers worrying about attention that they stupidly wander in to.

8. Funak

Funak Deity

I usually buy open borders from everyone, as well as generally spamming way too many missionaries.