Automated turns

CainStar

Warlord
RoM comes with an options to automate turns. Is there away to simply "skip" turns. Because when you select AI controlled turns, the AI decreases science output to 5% and does other stupid things.....so all I want is to skip the boring parts so I don't have to hit "enter" or click the "next turn" button.

Don't play with Revolutions, or if you do, rule your civ with an iron fist!

There is an option that the comp doesn't wait at the end of your turn, though it becomes really annoying late game

I clicked that option once before, more out of curiosity than anything.
Learned from that quick!

Not exactly what I was looking for, but thanks anyway.

The reason why I want to skip turns is that i'm playing game on "marathon" speed and at the beginning it takes like 60 turns for research finish and almost 90 turns for my only city to produce settler.....so why not just skip the 60 turns and not sit there like a sucker and click "enter" 60 times. The AI controlling would be fine if it only didn't do the stupid stuff.....all I need is for the AI to end turn NOTHING ELSE.

Sometimes my comps keyboard helps me with that: on the right side of the keyboard (near the numbers block) is another Enter-key. Sometimes if I press it it gets stuck and doesn't come up anymore until I press it hard again, meaning for as long as I want it ends the turn if no other action by a worker or a unit is doable. That fits in your description very well, the waiting for a settler in the beginning of the game sometimes is very annoying indeed. So, I suppose you could put a stone or something on the enter-key and autoblock it for 10 min or so, read a book in the meantime and sometimes have a look at the screen.... ;-)

Already requested EmperorFool to look into that in BUG forum, but never had any response on that. Basically I want a button to hit where it will continue to run until next time anything from my game require human attention. Unfortunately, EF had been an bsuy man :).

You could try out the custom game advance start option. That is the way I went. It even allows you to specify how much of an advance start you want.

Do you guys not know about SHIFT-CONTROL-M? ;)

Not what I want. It caused my civ to decide to switch to a new civic settings! That is not what I want. I want the game to automate such as that it does nothing (emphatic about this point) except to automate End Turns until the time it needs my input, not the computer.

Yeah if you let the computer take over for a couple of turns it messes everything up: production, position of units, civics, what is researched etc. Having a key to press that auto-ends turns until it is pressed again would really be wonderful.

@Dancing Hoskuld: the advanced start option just isn't interesting for me as I feel like cheating... the AI uses its advanced start points not as wisely as the human does. For example I would rather invest in a worker and they would buy some irrigated tiles...

You know you can click the end turn button when it is green, and the turn will still end, right?

You know you can click the end turn button when it is green, and the turn will still end, right?

Yes but still I need automated End Turn so I don't need to sit at my computer.....maybe watch tv or something on the meantime.

Exactly: Hitting the button over and over again makes me feel like Desmond in "Lost"...

I would just like to have an option like if you press ALT - A a little box pops up where
you can type in like "15" and then programm presses "end turn" 15 times in a row... or, "68" or whatever... would really, really be good for snail/eternal players!

By pressing enter or space this mechanism could be stopped, even if not all automatic "end the turn" have been done (for situations like if you see a barb coming or something and have to regroup armies)

Exactly: Hitting the button over and over again makes me feel like Desmond in "Lost"...

You know there is an option in the main player option panel that ends the turn automatically, when no more units can move. ;)

Of course....hmmmm--- might be interesting to check that... I hated it when in mid-game but in early game it actually IS was I was looking for! :D

@Dancing Hoskuld: the advanced start option just isn't interesting for me as I feel like cheating... the AI uses its advanced start points not as wisely as the human does. For example I would rather invest in a worker and they would buy some irrigated tiles...

it spends most points on increasing culture level - which is incredibly expensive and useless. does anyone know where the advanced start AI is defined? or at least where the costs for the different option are (i'm thinking about culture expansion again to see what the AI would do if it can't spend all it's points on this)

Top Bottom