1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Automated worker removes fort

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by pansophy, Sep 24, 2010.

1. pansophy

pansophy Chieftain

I've built a couple of forts on resources because strategically it is more important to put a defensive unit on that tile than it is to get the most food/production from that tile.

My automated workers insist on removing the fort and adding an improvement to gain the resource. Is there anyway to stop them from doing that without having to control their every action?

2. Hawkey

Hawkey Chieftain

Having the same problem with automated workers.
    Any way to stop automated workers removing old forts/farms/mines as in Civ4?

3. dannythefool

dannythefool King

4. Provost Martin

Provost Martin Chieftain

Find AutoWorkersDontReplace = 0 in your UserSettings file (My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5). Change the value to 1.

5. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

Not only that, but why in the world did they make the "fortify until heal" button. These unit commands are not great atm. Not smart at all really. Anyone with a clue, that has seen all the fantastic mods from previous civs should know that the "sentry until heal" button is 10X more preferable. It is compounded by the fact that units no longer show up at all on the mini map, and if you forgot about your scout healing out in the forest and a barb comes walking up, he's minced meat.

It just doesn't make sense, they still basically have a sentry button (renamed), but to use fortify over sentry in that situation is just plain unthoughtful.

6. Hawkey

Hawkey Chieftain

Thank You