Automatic Faith Purchase Problem

magus38

Chieftain
Hello All

I have seen other threads with people reporting that they are not getting their great prophets - my problem is the opposite. I have great prophets already built and I am trying to save up faith against future purchases, so to this end I have automatic faith purchases set to "remind me later". This works against missionaries, inquisitors and buildings, but for some reason as soon as I have enough saved for a great prophet the game spends my entire saved amount on a unit I do not need.

My question is why is this happening and how can I make it stop?

Thanks.

You will always generate more prophets until you reach the industrial era.

Beeline to Industrial era the moment you don't need any more Missionaries/Inquisitors/Buildings is the only thing you can do.

This could include if you've build all Universities fast enough building Oxford for Industrialization, hoping for a local source of Coal.

For future games:
Try getting Cathedral follower belief (if the AI hasn't gotten it already; it tends to go quick).

and/or if you're getting a major faith producing pantheon don't select Piety (unless playing Byzantines). The reason is that a major faith producing pantheon combined with Piety tends to be religious overkill. (Piety is most suitable for a massive cultural pantheon)

So... One can stop generating prophets by faith-buying a lot, but can't if he just want to create a huge faith stockpile? I wonder if this is by design or by "easy-to-code-behavior"...

So... One can stop generating prophets by faith-buying a lot, but can't if he just want to create a huge faith stockpile? I wonder if this is by design or by "easy-to-code-behavior"...

By design, to avoid a massive buy of great people starting industrial (this was even more so in GnK where GP were linked to openers)

By design, to avoid a massive buy of great people starting industrial (this was even more so in GnK where GP were linked to openers)

Ohh.. that's right.. just imagined 5 great engineers bombing a capital with the shiniest wonders...

Well answered, thank you!

Top Bottom