1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Automatic governors

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by craney1987, Jun 19, 2018.

1. craney1987

craney1987 Warlord

I find moving my governors for optimal play tedious in the extreme.
    I would very much like governors to be able to assess each of your cities after it finishes a current job/set number of turns and move to the next most beneficial city.
    E.g. Reyna sees that one of your cities has recently had a surge in foreign trade routes and moves there to maximize your financial return.

I understand the way governors are designed would make it hard for the game to decide which is best. Magnus for example may not know that your plan is to chop those 6 jungle squares in your third city, but Liang could see that you are building a government building and move there to speed this up.

Adding a build queue would also aid the game in its decision making here. (I haven't played in a while, has this been patched in yet?)

You should be able to turn auto off if you want, and at difficulties above emperor I know that would probably be the case for most players, but emperor and below optimal play isn't necessary and tediously reviewing 20+ cities for the best place to drop Liang is painful.

Is this something others would like implemented? Could it be put into the game? Or would it just be too clunky with the governor's as is?

2. marcopolothefraud

marcopolothefraud Chieftain

It's a little tedious, but I don't think people would ever use automated governors, like the automated workers in Civ 5 (which were only done when there were way too many workers).

craney1987 likes this.