1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

autonaming of cities depending on location

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by nocigar, Jul 9, 2010.

1. nocigar

nocigar Chieftain

Hello,
    I`m really new to modding and looking for a way of integrating a function into my mod that would automaticly name cities depending on the location they are build in.

I know that there is a similar function in "rhys and fall", but I don`t want to copy the whole mod, just somehow extract this one function. (I even don`t want every civilization to have it`s own names, just one name for every location)
    There is that citynamemanager but it's far too much for my needs. And I don`t know if I can just take the citynamemanager without further functions from the mod...

What elements from the rhys and fall mod do I need, to make a map that has a city name for every location? Or is there a simpler way to do this?

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

There's a single mod out for this, look here (download here).

3. nocigar

nocigar Chieftain

thank you so much, I've been searching this forums for quite some time, but haven't found this until now... :D