AutoPioneers set to not clear forest, but still FARM!!!

Drewman626

Chieftain
Ok... so on the options menu, there's a checkbox to disallow automated pioneers from clearing forests. Excellent!

But....

It doesn't stop them from building a FARM in a damn FOREST!!!!

I had four squares picked out in one of my outer colonies to be a logging camp. By the time I got some expert lumberjacks there, the automated pioneers had built farms on three of those squares!

Automation sucks when it does more harm than good....

I actually think this is a bug in the Snoopy/Dale PatchMod. In that PatchMod (1.07) the bug was fixed where now an AutoPioneer sees if the land is being worked before "improving" it. How a pioneer can build a farm in the forest is beyond me... but it happens every time. I have to keep on eye on them until I can get someone working that square. This time I noticed they built over a lodge!!! I already had a lodge there, but because I wasn't working the square, they farmed right over it!

Everything was going fine in my colony up until a few turns ago. I had about a dozen full-sized cities with 2/3 lumberjacks in each working their own forest/jungle plots. The automated pioneers weren't doing anything wrong until all of a sudden I realize a bunch of jungles are being cleared! THE TILES WERE BEING WORKED FOR WOOD! But the damn pioneers wont stop trying to chop it down to build farms! I tried going into options and disabling automated workers from chopping forests, but I assume it's the same problem as described above (they are trying to build a farm). Either that, or it's because the tiles are jungle tiles, but why would that make any difference? I also tried clicking the disable automated workers from changing tiles, but that didn't work either! Even though they're lodges on the tiles the pioneers go right back to chopping down the jungle, for no apparent reason... WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO..... Cuz manually improving land is way too freaking tedious....

Top Bottom