1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AV-8B Harrier

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Unit Graphics' started by ripptide, Jul 31, 2003.

1. ripptide

ripptide Lost in the wastelands

I've included 2 different attacka flcs in the zip, one for air-to-air and one for ground attack. I was hoping that they could both be used together (the bombing one as a prelude to the victory bombs flc) but even with the help of the invaluable stainzthedog, we just couldn't find a way. So can leave it as it, change it to a pure ground attack, or to a pure fighter. Just check the readme. So....the plane

Attached Files:

2. ripptide

the anims...

Attached Files:

3. ripptide

and the files

AV-8B Harrier

I'd appreciate it if someone does overcome this glitch, assuming it can be overcome, to post the solution thanks :D

4. BeBro

BeBro King of the Krauts

Cool :) Yeah unfortunately we cannot implement special ground attack anims on air units. But still a geat unit. :)

5. Tepez2447

Tepez2447 Chieftain

A nice piece of work you've got here. I just checked it out and yeah

6. unscratchedfoot

unscratchedfoot War is a good thing.

wow, this is great. I like this bigger version cause the previous harrier was too small. Good for a UK unique bomber with decent air-to-air defense.

I haven't loaded this unit up yet but don't you just put the air-to-air flc on the AttackA= line in the ini file and then put the bombing flc on the Victory= line. Doesn't that work?

7. ripptide

yep, unscratchedfoot, thats exactly how its set up. What we were hoping to do was also have an attackb (or whatever) showing the bombs falling off the aircraft. Unfortunately, you couldn't have it do that, then the normal bomb.flc of the bombs hitting the target. And we thought about just including that falling sequence in the bomb.flc, but then the aircraft "jumps" to the target.:)

8. Cspiffy148

Cspiffy148 Chieftain

Outstanding unit! Great details with the bombing attack

9. Steph

Steph Multi Many Tasks man Retired Moderator

Well, I'll try to take that into account for SSS, so don't hesitate to make several attacks (bomb, rocket or missile against ground units, missile against ships, smaller missile against air, etc.)
    It may not be very usefull for CivIII, but it won't be a complete waste of time :D

10. ripptide

I think that would be a neat addition if it's not too hard to impliment Steph, not just because of bombers but also for any air-to-surface weapon. There were a bunch I was hoping to do with Harpoons, SLAMS and Mavericks, but guess they won't be truely multi-role for Civ. Shame they didn't link the AttackA to the air bombard flag the same way they seemed to in ground units.

11. Echo 9

Echo 9 Chieftain

Outstanding Bomb release animation! To make up for the inability to have both attacks used, I changed the Harrier I was using (Smoking Mirror's fine unit) to strictly an interceptor, and added this one as strictly a bomber. My line of thinking? Strike
    packages are normally accompanied by aircraft armed for air superiority vice bombs. Although the Harrier is not an air superiority aircraft by design, there have been situations when they were the only birds in the neighborhood to do the job.

12. G-Force Junkie

G-Force Junkie Old Vulcan Guy

This is another fine unit that will make a great addition to my game. Thanks! :D

13. Steph

Steph Multi Many Tasks man Retired Moderator

Well, it shouldn't. I hope.