It isn't. They have a huge budget. Bigger than any western animation and most eastern animation. The fight sequences will still be all choreographed by real martial artists too.

All the bolded things could turn out to be totally stupid in the Avatar universe. :[

Maybe, but if I gave you a laundry list of the things that were in the original series you might have thought the same thing about that too.

I'm gonna be optimistic until they give me a reason not to be.

So how did Toph teach people metalbending? I thought that this was the culmination of Toph being the strongest earthbender ever. What, did Azula also teach everybody how to do blue firebending?

So how did Toph teach people metalbending? I thought that this was the culmination of Toph being the strongest earthbender ever. What, did Azula also teach everybody how to do blue firebending?
One would think that it takes a whole lot more skill to figure out how to do something the first time than to do it by following an established practice. She's still the strongest earthbender ever. :p

Blue firebending isn't really a technique of Azula's, it's more of a reflection of her personality. Not really a "teaching" thing.

Why not? It took like...a day to teach bloodbending, and that was even harder to do.

That would be kind of hard to do locked up in a mental facility.

Awesome trailer! Can't wait for the series.

On other notes, the more modern feel I actually like, and I like it a lot. That'll add another element to the Avatar series. :D

One would think that it takes a whole lot more skill to figure out how to do something the first time than to do it by following an established practice. She's still the strongest earthbender ever. :p

Well, I see it more as Toph's ability to metalbend is the culmination of an entire life learning how to get touch-seeing sensitive enough to see the miniscule impurities in the metal, and THAT I feel like would be rather difficult to teach even if the concept was understood.

I like how the fantasy world progressed instead stuck in whatever middle ages like world they started with.

Steel battleships and titanic coal-powered zeppelins were hallmarks of medieval technology?

Yeah, wasn't really a progression from a Medieval-era world so much as it was a progression from proto-Steampunk to full on Steampunk.

I was talking in a more generic sense of setting, then accurately describing Avatar's original setting.

I think we can all agree that the fact that Avatar's universe shows technological development over the course of seventy years is much better for immersion than Star Wars not showing any such development over the course of several millennia.

I think we can all agree that the fact that Avatar's universe shows technological development over the course of seventy years is much better for immersion than Star Wars not showing any such development over the course of several millennia.
Of course, and it is a pretty realistic development timeframe as well (even with the benders).

I wonder if there will be anything like guns, cannons and other gunpowder-related weapons in this.
I really cannot wait for this to start!

Well, the firebenders of TLA had explosives in addition to the catapult-launched firebombs. They show up in any scene with the zepps and war balloons in Book 3.

They had blasting jelly, which I think is nitroglycerin. There has been no indication of the knowledge of blackpowder.

Well, the Fire Nation does have fireworks. Those could be gunpowder-based.

Top Bottom