Avenue A, Inc?

Paalikles

Emperor
Spybot has blocked the download of Avenue A, Inc

firstly - I did not request any such download :eek:
secondly - why is it coded into the forum in the first place?
thirdly - if this is the works of ugo and or other advertisers - is this with Thunderfall's consent?

FYI - Spybot is a tool to protect a pc against spyware - and it has a blocker installed to hinder bad downloads from sneaking into a pc.

edit:
if by chance anyone has seen my reports on similar happenings before, they ll remember that I ve pointed at one occation where spybot blocked a bad download from the ugo civ3 site.
I ve turned off notification on each and every block of a bad download, since it would mean a lot of clicking ok to navigate the forum. I must say that I strongly dislike this tendency over at Ugo!

Sounds like a drive-by d/l. Yeah, that's what I like about Spybot S&D, it blocks things like this.

I think Avenue A. Inc is one of the harmless bots that the Spybot thinks is dangerous...

Harmless or not - it does take up memory and space, which could have otherwise been used for something else (not that I lack space or memory though)

hm, I have Spybot installed but never got such a warning. :confused:

Click on the immunize tab, and immunize your system, and block bad d/ls. This will blocks a lot of the spyware out there.

Top Bottom