1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

avg turn win times?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by ragindrunk, Sep 9, 2013.

1. ragindrunk

ragindrunk Chieftain

What is the average turns it usually takes for the different victories?

It seems that no matter what victory type I try I always end up getting a DV before any other victory type around tun 350. I play on king as well.

2. Ninakoru

Ninakoru A deity on Emperor

Hard to say, on king mybe around turn 400-450, but yes, diplomatic victory is stupidly easy no matter what victory type you pursue. If you get a dominating position or just go full patronage, you are near done with it.

3. budweiser

budweiser King of the Beers

350 for me on immortal as well. FYI - I have had some games go to 400 and I still beat the AI before they could finish any victory. I wish I could go a little faster, I think there would be less conflict at the end.

4. joshua43214

joshua43214 King

On Immortal, usually ~T290ish. Occasionally I win ~T260 and sometimes ~T350ish.

It really depends on how much I forget to do mid/late game and who is on the map. I aim for T300 wins because the AI will usually win just after T300 unless they are all in perma war then ~T350

5. parts

parts Chieftain

Don't take full patronage.

Your free GPs set back the clock for your GSes, which are the currency of the game. It's possibly the worst finisher in the game, the only one that is actually bad for you.

6. Ninakoru

Ninakoru A deity on Emperor

Yeah, going patronage means only up to consulates.

7. ragindrunk

ragindrunk Chieftain

Hey parts could you elaborate more on the Patronage tree and the affect on GSs? I'm still a bit new to game strategies.

8. Sabrina

Sabrina Warlord

For me, always above 1k, this is why I disable time victory, I guess I am just an awful player, but I only play marathons :)

9. Singularitie

Singularitie Chieftain

^in standard time that is 500 turns. Not that bad.