avoid headache at start of every turn

saintly_saint

Regent
Hi all, I'm playing a huge pangea, and with a democracy of over 100 cities i decided to go to war. Only problem is the very next turn all of them went to civil disorder so had to leave for 'bout 10 mins before being to play my turn. Is there any way to avoid this??:o

Not going to war in a Democracy :p

Honestly though, the only to have been able to prevent this would have been to increase your luxury rate before your ended your turn. You had just better hope it isn't going to be too long of a war, or you're going to have some real headaches staying in Democracy.

Or you could just turn off the Civil Disorder pop up in the Prefernce menu.

This isn't really recomended though.

i dont mind the unhappiness, itz fixable, what i want is for the deleted message to stop coming up. ("Civil Disorder in x"). That. also it would be nice if it were possible to disable all the center on message auto-options.

Genghis dint see your message, there is no center on civ disorder, or if there is i havent found it (i'm playing on civIII orig. waiting for C3C.) Also, if you click on the city in the city view it sort of arranges the workers to work optimally ( not completely but good enuff) AND end any civ. disorder any way to make the game do it for everycity at the same time.?

No, not the city center. Go to the Preference Menu(its a branch off the Main Menu), scroll down the list & you'll see Show Civil Disorder Popup, just check it off.

Originally posted by saintly_saint
Hi all, I'm playing a huge pangea, and with a democracy of over 100 cities i decided to go to war. Only problem is the very next turn all of them went to civil disorder so had to leave for 'bout 10 mins before being to play my turn. Is there any way to avoid this??:o

Quick quesiton: Do you know how to use the luxury slider bar? If not, I think you should look into it.;) Those advisor screens also come in handy to spot out unhappy citizens before they start causing trouble.

If you don't care too much about managing your cities optimally, you could let your governors handle happiness. That way, not city will ever go into civil disorder*, but they'll, of course, happily starve as the governor assigns more and more citizens to entertainment duties.

* Actually, I once had a city with the governor in control of happiness go into civil disorder - it alternated, going into disorder one turn, returning to order the next, then into disorder again the third. I've not been able to reproduce it - some rarely encountered bug, I guess.

Originally posted by The Last Conformist
If you don't care too much about managing your cities optimally, you could let your governors handle happiness. That way, not city will ever go into civil disorder*, but they'll, of course, happily starve as the governor assigns more and more citizens to entertainment duties.

* Actually, I once had a city with the governor in control of happiness go into civil disorder - it alternated, going into disorder one turn, returning to order the next, then into disorder again the third. I've not been able to reproduce it - some rarely encountered bug, I guess.

TLC, may be it is because the city was starving, and each time it starves, the population is redistributed over the tiles for one turn, loosing the effect of entertainors.
So, the city goes into disorder.
Then the governor realises that he needs an entertainer, so he puts an entertainer. But the city is starving again. Next turn, the city is back in civil order, but the population is redistributed over the tiles. Hence unhappiness is again on the roll. So, 3rd turn, you get disorder again... etc... :crazyeye:

this is why i love civ III, first make your citizens happy then feed them. may all my dead minions RIP

Top Bottom