Awesome capital cities

Dominix

Warlord
I remember someone posted a pic of an awesome start he had (regarding capital cities), I just got this playing regent. What have you guys gotten?

Good one! My best was between two rivers, and two cows on Grasslands near there.

my best sitting right on a wheat plain with river
and there where 4 hills.1had gems.
later in the game the other hill had iron
later in the game the hill had saltpeter
there was saltpeter on another hill!!!!!!!!!!
and there was a coal jungle!
thank god that i didnt cleared that jungle.thank you iron works:D

Nah, if you cleared the Jungle, it wouldn't change a thing.

My best start is the one I got right now. When I lose, I restart on the same map, becuase if I can't win here I don't think I can win anywhere.

The capitol is situated between the bend in a river, behind the town is completly grassland, a little north are wetlands, south and across the river are hills and mountains. I am kind of in a little valley.

No real luxury or strategic goods (only 2 cows, and one wheat) within my capitol's boundaries, but - and here's what I like about the location - my four surrounding towns, all about 5 tiles away, have:

Town 1 - 2 iron
Town 2 - 2 horses
Town 3 - 4 gems!!!
Town 4 - 3 game, 2 whales, and only two tiles from the neighboring continent.

Love them gems. I will try and capture it and put it up.

My current game I started next to 5 gems and on 2 rivers. I can post a pic if you like. I have tons and tons of luxeries as I conquered most of my continent (this is on Monarch and playing as Japanese).

However when I started out i was crammed in and could only settle 4 cities at max until I waged war, so hang in there :)

I'll post the save where I'm at now if yall would like to see.

Dominix, that really is a beautiful starting location. All that cattle makes for a great settler/worker factory if you irrigate two cattle and mine the other two.....-drooling-

However, there are only one hills within it's soon-to-be radius, so in the middle ages you could start to find yourself for wanting when it comes to shield production. Forests are only good for shield production until you reach republic, when a mined hill will give you 3 shields, while a forest is still stuck at 2. Still, I wish I could get starts like that more often.

:goodjob:

No kidding about the food part, that city was growing so fast I was completely caught off guard on dealing with happiness.

One of my best starts was in elite tournament game 1-1 when I tipped a hut in 3950BC and got a settler (obviously this is pretty rare).

My best would be not the capitol (though it started out in a good spot), but the desert just to the north of it that kept Russia away from me until I could take them over. Not only that, but on my side of the desert were no fewer than SEVEN incenses in one well-placed city's border! Trade for techs was no longer a problem for me ;)

Sam

In the game I am playing now I have a monopoly of all the gems in the world. Probably could not get that with a bad starting location.

The best start i have ever seen was a regent game i was playing. The zulu's had there capitol city next to a river, then there second city they founded had 5 wheats within its starting radius and a river running through it. Think at one point that city had a pop number of 45.

My best start ever was on two floodplain rivers with 3 wheat on them and 2 cows, a few hills one with Iron and one incence!!

Originally posted by philippe
my best sitting right on a wheat plain with river
and there where 4 hills.1had gems.
later in the game the other hill had iron
later in the game the hill had saltpeter
there was saltpeter on another hill!!!!!!!!!!
and there was a coal jungle!
thank god that i didnt cleared that jungle.thank you iron works:D

philippe, you would have got that coal even if you had cleared the jungle.

The best starting location I got from a random map was 4 cows within the city radius AND 2 different luxuries very close by. :( later in the game I found my continent/island didn't have saltpeter... tough luck.

Top Bottom