1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Awesome Cold War :)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by mGGCwnAnnwn, Jul 7, 2012.

1. mGGCwnAnnwn

mGGCwnAnnwn Chieftain

Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums (first post) and civilization in general. Just wanted to share my current game with you all.

I started as Babylon on the Terra Map with 8 civilizations and 16 city states on Prince and standard time.

After the whole game (which I've already won with a science victory) I decided to play on and now there is only 3 countries left: Communist Babylon (me), Communist France and Communist Sweden. The two major factions are Babylon (me) and France who own most of the world with Sweden as a buffer zone between us. We both unlocked nuclear weapons at the same time and since then we've been having a cold war where we have been having proxy wars without actually fighting head on. France has jut taken out my friend the Huns whilst I've taken out America. Now its just the three of us, the tech tree is finished for both of us and still no war yet. I have 8 nuclear missiles to his 6 (based on uranium count). It looks like it will either end up like the eternal war by lycerius or a completely different scenario.

That is all I wanted to share :) It is good to be finally a part of this community.

2. Adjuvant

Adjuvant Emperor

welcome

3. mGGCwnAnnwn

mGGCwnAnnwn Chieftain

only one hello and not even a comment on my game? *sadface*

4. kamikazees

kamikazees Warlord

hi there. two words: pre-emptive strike!

5. mGGCwnAnnwn

mGGCwnAnnwn Chieftain

If I go for a preemptive strike then the planet will be destroyed by fallout. All my citizens will die due to lack of food and everything will resemble a fallout 3 wasteland. No, there must be a better way than just nuke the crap out of him.

Any suggestions?

6. CommanderZ

CommanderZ Warlord

Come on, the retaliatory nukes will cost you some pop and some improvements. Pop will regenerate, improvements will be rebuilt and fallout will be scrubbed.

There are no long term effects. Nukes without conventional invasion are just temporary inconvenience. The key is that you destroy large chunk of his army and invade with your army. The AI won't nuke its own territory, so you can "hide" your army there.

7. nefloyd

nefloyd King

nuke the crap out of him

8. smallfish

smallfish Immortal

Completely and utterly false.

Spoiler :

e: also, welcome to the fora! Go nuts on Napoleon with Giant Death Robots! :p

9. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

This is on prince. You say the other civ is finished with the Tech tree? Sorry for some reason I really doubt what you are saying. Can we see a save? In Civ 5 with this AI it would be pretty easy to win. And for the AI to be that far on prince - would have to be very late on prince. I would think someone would have won already. And bomb shelters shelter aerial units. Nuke and stealth bomb the crap out of his cities.

10. Prophet Skeram

Prophet Skeram Chieftain

He already said he PLAYED ON (aka "just one more turn . . .") after his victory - so it's entirely possible for the AI to have completed the tech tree.

The AI will sometimes even rush through his techs and go for a science victory on prince-level, I've already seen that twice, not often, mind you, but twice in around 10 G&K games that came that far.

Welcome, mGGCwnAnnwn, btw ! :goodjob:

11. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

You are right I missed reading that. My bad there. But still should be easy to take the AI out.

And welcome :confused: been here a while so a bit confused? Unless you recognize who my steam account is not sure why you are welcoming me (And if so, sorry if I have killed you a couple of times in multi :p).

12. Prophet Skeram

Prophet Skeram Chieftain

Just looked at a quote to see who the TE was and welcome him, turns out I picked the wrong one. :D

13. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

Welcome mGGCwnAnnwn:)

Wait what am I seeing here? They nuked Orleans to get rid of your navy near Kuala Lumpur?

14. mGGCwnAnnwn

mGGCwnAnnwn Chieftain

Hey everyone :D Nice to see some responses!

As for the game we were very close in tech for the late part of the game. The reason for this is in the mid-game (around industrial era) I stopped going for alot of tech and France went for a science victory. This allowed him to catch up with me and I only managed to get the science win in the year 2043. The year is now 2051. Hopefully that explains the science conundrum.

As for strategy my plan at the moment is try and create an alliance with Sweden and avoid direct war for as long as possible. In the meantime I am going to re-structure my country by redeveloping the tiles to support more growth/wealth.

15. ArataWata11

ArataWata11 Chieftain

good luck chief, you sud start a new one. oh and welcome to the forum :):)

16. smallfish

smallfish Immortal

Yeah, my Privateer, those submarines, a Mobile SAM I landed to push towards Paris. the city itself... all got wiped out with a nuclear missile.

That was how desperate Nappy was.

17. rsadiwala95

rsadiwala95 Chieftain

This And Dont worry About HIS Nukes...if u know he has 6 then u know where they are located, nuke the location and their nukes are GONE..!! :lol:

18. mGGCwnAnnwn

mGGCwnAnnwn Chieftain

Sadly the continent is so huge, I cannot see 3/4 of his cities. He has mainly guided missiles on the border. the 6 was a guesstimate from the uranium he owns. Btw, did you guys want to see a screenshot or something?

19. CYZ

CYZ Toileteer

Screenshots are always good.

This is a tough situation man. I'm not so much in favour of the pre-emptive strike. Then again, war seems inevitable, sooner or later.

Perhaps you can pay Sweden to DoW on France. Hopefully they waste their nukes on them and move their armies to Sweden as well. Then you can come in from a different direction, use your nukes to clear the way and blitz through his empire.

Other option: give many many units to Sweden and nearby CS. Let them win for you :)

20. mGGCwnAnnwn

mGGCwnAnnwn Chieftain

Hi Cyz!

That is some good advice. At the moment my plan is to cause a collapse of the french empire internally via liberating persia and huns then giving them units to fight a proxy war without actually starting a conflict between us. The idea is to create a situation very similar to the downfall of the Soviet Union. I'm currently trying the think of ways to gain their capitals without fighting them directly. Using Sweden as an ally is one option but I am currently considering strangling their economy diplomatically by controlling all the city states/sweden as an ally so I can trade/buy the cities off the french.